STOKED ON HENHOUSE BREWING!
HenHouse was founded in 2011 in Sonoma County. Our purpose is to produce an amazing and rotating line up of awesome beers with an uncompromising and fearless pursuit of our goals; which are creating new and interesting types of delicious beers with freshness and quality in the forefront, creating meaningful and living wage positions, and to make a difference in our community. Our talented team is committed to making, selling, delivering and serving beer with this intention and purpose in mind.
JOB TITLE: Executive Chef
REPORTS TO: Director Of Operations
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time/Exempt
Salary: $80-85K annually
Bonus: Eligible for up to 10K annually
The Executive Chef is a hospitality-driven culinary professional who is passionate about providing guests the very best in their culinary experiences. The Executive Chef must have very strong knowledge of front and back-of-house restaurant operations and finances, strong leadership skills, high standards of professionalism, sanitation, and safety, and the drive to grow and develop as a leader while training and developing the Brewpub Team.
The ideal candidate will be a trained head or executive chef who has a passion and background for restaurant operations including experience with budgeting and compliance in a casual but fast paced restaurant business. This position will be responsible for the overall financial results of the location as well as positive customer satisfaction with the quality of menu, food, and service at the Brewpub. They will manage daily operations for FOH and BOH to ensure that the brewpub is performing to company standards and provide hands-on leadership including training, development and discipline to all team members. This role will be the face of the company in the Fairfax Community and will have a direct impact on expanding the company brand awareness throughout the Bay Area.
PRIMARY SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not an exhaustive list of all job functions. All employees are to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner. This role is responsible for encompassing our goal of providing each guest with a truly outstanding experience as well as:
Leading Team Members by:
- Fostering a motivating and positive environment that enhances and builds on the company culture.
- Developing a menu that is exciting, welcoming, and meets company standards for sourcing, seasonality, and stoked-making
- Personnel Management
- Hiring and developing both an elite FOH and BOH Team.
- Maintaining accurate staffing levels including overseeing the selection of new team members, managing applications within the Applicant Tracking system, scheduling interviews and making final hiring decisions based on candidates who demonstrate they can meet the service standards.
- Managing team members’ performance including providing regular performance feedback, development plans or counseling notices as well as partnering with Human Resources on final termination requests when necessary.
- Ensuring team members and managers adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Ensuring practices related to Team Members are adhered to including new hire and payroll documents are completed in a timely manner, new hire training is completed within expectations, offboarding procedures completed for terminated team members, approved pay changes and promotion processes are adhered to and all other related requirements.
- Ensuring all payroll policies and procedures are followed, including management of timekeeping for compliance and accuracy.
- Ensuring regular weekly management meetings and daily line-up meetings are held to ensure; our FOH staff can represent the company to our standard, communicate company updates regarding operations, education related to changes or new processes, product or equipment introductions.
- Ensuring all team member injuries are reported at the time of injury following protocols.
- Ensuring all team member compliance training including but not limited to safety, etc. is completed on a timely basis and safety standards are adhered to.
- Managing team member relations issues by coaching, mentoring and partnering with People Services as deemed necessary
Financial Management by:
- Continuing to maintain and build sales and achieve or exceed restaurant goals according to budget.
- Managing operating costs to budget through proper ordering, scheduling, portion/waste control, and using the P&L on a weekly/monthly basis to track and manage costs.
- Managing operations budget and financial expectations including reviewing financial reports and taking appropriate actions to improve profitability.
- Managing payroll budget expenditures by creating team member schedules that meet labor expectations and service standards through the scheduling template.
- With the Cicerone/Beverage Manager - Managing Food, Beverage, and Controllable expenses through the proper ordering of Packaging, Meat, Produce, Drinks, Wine & Beer, Uniforms, Gift Cards, Smallwares, China, Equipment etc.
- Ensuring expense reports are submitted per policy.
- Ensuring the submission and approval of all invoices and general ledger
Executing Operational Excellence by:
- Creating an environment that is focused on an exceptional guest experience.
- Ensuring hospitality service standards are upheld including resolving any guest complaints in a favorable manner.
- Following proper sanitation and cleanliness procedures in the restaurant to fulfill health requirements and Tender Greens standards.
- Overseeing the opening and closing procedures of the restaurant.
- Ensuring timely follow-up and training following all audits.
- Overseeing the management and execution of catering orders and reviewing upcoming orders daily.
- With the Floor Manager - Ensuring that Point of Sale System functions are being conducted according to policy such as comps & void, re-opening/ reprinting checks, conducting same day refunds, and doing a system refresh.
- Enforcing safety procedures to maintain a safe environment for guests.
- Managing the established injury reporting protocol according to company guidelines by ensuring guest injuries are reported in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring the maintenance of the facility is up to brand standard to promote optimal guest and team member experience.
- Ensuring new changes to policies are executed to standard.
- Performing other related duties as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Position is salary. HenHouse offers competitive wages, initial wage to be determined based on experience. You'll get to work in a fun, fast and stoked work environment. Benefits include: comprehensive health insurance (medical, vision, dental), life insurance, pet benefits, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), 401(K), paid time off (PTO), and more!
JUSTICE, EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVITY (JEDI):
We strive to create workplaces that reflect the community we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We believe that every person brings a unique perspective and experience which enriches and advances our mission to provide Meaningful Employment, Improved Beer Quality for the End Consumer and to Create Wealth for Our Community.
- 5+ years of chef experience, including 2+ years of leadership experience; preferably in a high-volume, fast-paced restaurant
- Bachelor’s Degree or degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program preferred
- Multi-outlet experience a plus (fast casual, packaged foods, catering etc)
- Extensive knowledge of cuisine as well as local farms, ranches, dairies and other suppliers
- Passion for the restaurant industry with a commitment to continued development
- Proven ability to not only produced delicious food consistently but also to hire, train, and develop team members to do the same
- Capable of driving sales and guest service initiatives by motivating and leading team members.
- Record of maintaining high standards in restaurant cleanliness, sanitation, food quality and guest satisfaction
- Ability to understand and analyze financial profit and loss statements, food cost, inventory needs and labor planning.
- Work collaboratively with other departments and department heads
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Spanish Speaking Strongly Preferred
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Doc and POS systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a positive and outgoing personality
- Customer service-focused and solution-oriented
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on restaurant needs
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Ongoing current Food Safety Manager certification
The traditional methods of performing job functions for this position are reflected below. Reasonable accommodations may be made when such accommodations do not create an undue hardship.
- Must be of legal drinking age (21 years of age) due to exposure and manufacturing of alcohol on the premises
- Ability to communicate in a clear, understandable speaking voice, capable of communicating vital business information to internal / external contacts. Accurate and clear vision and hearing
- Ability to remain standing for extended periods of time. Job duties of this position are primarily performed from a standing position with significant customer interaction
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel, talk and hear
Regularly: Stand; Walk; Sit; Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; Reach with hands and arms; Stoop, kneel, crouch; Talk or hear; Taste or smell;
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a retail/pub atmosphere with outdoor weather conditions and a moderate to loud noise level.