The Student Ministry pastor will work closely with the Lead Student Pastor to create and implement a teaching, programming, and leadership strategy that will help students far from God come near.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Teaching (with majority focus on junior high)
- Work w/ Student Ministry Team to Plan and Execute Excellent Student Ministry Midweek Services.
- Recruit, Train, and Care for Student Ministry leaders. (w/ primary focus on junior high leaders)
- Oversee Junior High Camps & Events
- Campus Ministry (partnering with on campus ministries at local schools)
- Maintaining and creating content for Social Media
- Meet the scriptural requirements for an elder (though may not serve as an elder) by living a spiritually surrendered life leaning on the Holy Spirit for guidance and direction by spending consistent time in prayer and study of God’s Word.
- Live out CCV’s Church strategy by engaging in a lifestyle of worship, community and serving.
- Live out the CCV Staff Values in relationships with other staff, congregation and community.
- Empower volunteer Team Members by developing an Ephesians 4:12 culture in your ministry areas resulting in a high level of engagement.
- Participate in Weekend Services according to pastoral staff expectations (Weekend Roster and Worship Participation).
- Serve at CCV Holiday Events and Special Events (e.g. Easter, Christmas, etc.).
- Serve as Pastor on Call during assigned weeks (2 weeks a year minimum).
- Participate in CCV’s Monthly All Church Prayer Nights.
- Intentionally pastor and mentor all volunteer Team Members towards increasing levels of responsibility and leadership.
- Establish Objective and Key Results (OKR’s) for your ministry areas.
- Maintain a balanced work schedule, working with CCV HR Team to keep track of vacation days, sick days, days off, make-up days, personal days etc.
- Perform sacerdotal duties on a regular basis as circumstances demand.
- Be available to the congregation before and after weekend services.
- Maintain flexible working schedule and hours as determined by the needs of the ministry.