The Foundation Engagement Associate will help build our market for philanthropic solutions by supporting lead generation with private foundations. This newly created role will expand our business development activities. The Foundation Engagement Associate will join a seasoned sales team and mature company as we continue to grow our business through our purpose-built software and services.
The Associate will represent Foundation Source and its offerings to foundation leaders in targeted markets. The Associate will respond to inbound inquiries; however, the role primarily requires identifying and researching targeted prospects, proactively reaching out by phone, email and social media, positioning our tech-forward services, and conducting platform presentations. The Associate will hold meetings (in-person and virtual), conduct webinars, and do public speaking, among other tactics and activities, to build awareness and deepen relationships. Prospecting could be through a foundation’s advisory team. Ultimately, the Associate will qualify a foundation as a lead and introduce the designated salesperson who will advance the relationship through to engagement.
The Associate will collaborate with sales leaders and the marketing Team to leverage private foundation stories and interactions into public-facing materials that can be used to advance sales to existing foundations.
The Foundation Engagement Associate will be tech forward and experienced in prospect development. A strong sense of urgency, drive to get things done, growth mindset and flexibility are essential. Prior professional experience in fundraising, financial, consulting, or non-profit fields is required. Private foundation experience is preferred.
Business Development and Lead Generation (90%)
- Generate leads through outbound prospecting to private foundations help hit corporate revenue goals
- Execute on Sales, Marketing, and firm-wide initiatives for private foundation lead generation in target markets
- Conduct outbound calling, email communication, and social media posts/outreach to generate and cultivate leads
- Conduct meetings (in-person and virtual), platform presentations, and webinars to nurture relationships.
- Grow and apply your knowledge of the philanthropic sector and private, non-operating foundations
- Position value proposition, services, technology, and fees to generate qualified leads
- Build and nurture positive, trust-based relations with influencers, stakeholders, and decision-makers to cultivate referrals
- Work closely with sales leaders and marketing to carry out coordinated lead generation efforts
Sales Operations (10%)
- Manage activity and reporting cadence for a high-performance practice that effectively adds qualified leads to the sales funnel
- Use Salesforce.com to record all sales activity and manage pipeline
- Participate in weekly meetings to share updates on activity and trends to help advance strategies for increasing business
- 3-plus years of experience in donor research, development prospecting, or business development for financial, legal, family office or philanthropy services
- Proven results in a quota-oriented environment
- Established networks preferred
- Experience using databases and conducting research to create profiles of prospects aligned to targets
- Critical, strategic thinker who can also focus on details
- Knowledgeable about private foundations
- Team player
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, while prioritizing objectives to achieve maximum results
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a home office
- Ability to travel as needed
- Bachelor's Degree preferred