Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
The Director of Finance plans, directs, and manages the provision of accurate, timely and objective financial data from which informed management decisions can be made. Recommends remedial action when and where necessary. Safeguards owner assets by creating and maintaining sound internal control systems. Participates in total hotel management as a member of the Executive Committee. Aids in the preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts; establishes or recommends to management major economic objectives and policies for the hotel. The Director of Finance supports the General Manager and hotel financial goals by direct preparation of monthly and annual reports summarizing and forecasting hotels revenues, expenses, and earning based on past, present and expected operations. Works with department heads to ensure proper flexing of payroll cost and operating expenses and compliance with check book and purchasing procedures. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and the collection and payment of applicable local, state and federal taxes. Monitors contracts with hotel vendors and arranges for audits of hotels accounts.
* Supervise the financial department, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, auditing, payroll, general
accounting, and cashiers.
* Plan and implement financial procedures and systems.
* Prepare financial analysis of hotel operations.
* Prepare reports outlining hotel’s financial position in areas of income, expense, and earnings based on past,
present, and future operations.
* Direct preparation of budgets and financial forecasts.
* Prepare governmental reports and handle all inquiries from governmental agencies, including the Internal
* Maintain file of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
* Develop short- and long-term financial plans for the hotel that support overall StepStone objectives.
* Prepare annual hotel budget.
* Monitor the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of monthly financial reports.
* Participate in the Executive committee including sharing and communicating knowledge and by attending weekly or monthly meetings.
* Must have a comprehensive knowledge of the English language to effectively communicate with guests,
associates, and vendors.
* Effectively communicate and coordinate with all departments.
* Scrupulously follow all StepStone and hotel policies and procedures.
* Projects and assignments are completed thoroughly, professionally, and with care.
* Adjusts to high-pressure conditions and is open to change.
* Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
* Conducts him\herself (acts and dresses) professionally at all times; sets standards for all associates. 5%
* Understands and communicates the StepStone Mission and Core values.
* Expresses ideas and conveys information clearly, effectively, and professionally.
* Actively listens to others.
* Conveys company information, decision, or problems to appropriate parties on a timely basis.
* Works to resolve disagreements and is respectful of peers and co-workers.
These are required of every associate.
* Minimum lifting of 10 pounds.
* Pushing, bending, stooping, upward reaching, manual dexterity.
* Hearing, writing, typing.
* Minimum pulling of 10 pounds.
* Other duties may be assigned.
Additional responsibilities specific to you are:
* Must have a comprehensive knowledge of all hotel departments and functions.
* Must have a comprehensive knowledge applicable Federal, state, and local health, safety, and legal regulations.
* Must have exceptional mathematical and computer skills.
* College education and relevant training and experience required. Additional education preferred.
* Ability to timely obtain any required licenses or certificates.
* CPR training and first aid training preferred.
* Additional language ability preferred.
* Occasional travel required.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Controller, Director of Finance, Hotel Accounting Manager (or similar) at a property of similar size and quality with a background that includes forecasting and/or budgeting
• Experience with budgeting, forecasting, profit and loss reporting and balancing ledgers for operating and balance sheet accounts
• Aptitude for performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions
• Ability to use logic to define a problem, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations
• Ability to clearly and concisely present technical subjects
• Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
• Ability to manage and lead a small team of accounting personnel
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills)
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or industry related field
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta and StepStone Hospitality is an EOE