We are looking for an enthusiastic bartender to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. Good bartenders will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations. Compensation includes salary and tips.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks for guests and the service bar.
- Serve wine and other draught or bottled beer.
- Collect money for drinks and food served.
- Order and requisition liquors and supplies.
- Place bottled goods and glasses to make an attractive display.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Replenish supply of clean linens, silverware, glassware, and dishes in bar area.
- Notify a manager immediately of any guest complaints.
- Use proper etiquette guidelines with guests.
- Practice and observe all safety rules and procedures.
- Assist all service personnel in any duties as requested.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of the English language to effectively communicate with guests, associates, and vendors.
- Ability to accurately report information.
- Ability to scrupulously follow all StepStone and hotel policies and procedures.
- Attend required meetings.
- Projects and assignments are completed thoroughly, professionally, and with care.
- Adjusts to high-pressure conditions and is open to change.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Conducts him\herself (acts and dresses) professionally at all times; sets standards for all associates.
- Understands and communicates the StepStone Mission and Core Values.
- Expresses ideas and conveys information clearly, effectively, and professionally.
- Actively listens to others.
- Conveys company information, decision, or problems to appropriate parties on a timely basis.
- Works to resolve disagreements and is respectful of peers and co-workers.
These are required of every associate.
- Minimum lifting of 50 pounds.
- Pushing, bending, stooping, upward reaching, manual dexterity.
- Hearing, writing, typing.
- Minimum pulling of 50 pounds.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Additional responsibilities specific to you are:
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of all hotel departments and functions.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge applicable Federal, state, and local health, safety, and legal regulations.
- Must have good mathematical and computer skills.
- High school education and relevant training and experience required. Additional education preferred.
- Ability to timely obtain any required licenses or certificates.
- CPR training required; first aid training preferred.
- Additional language ability preferred.