- Greet all guests in a warm and enthusiastic manner and assist host or hostess in seating guests as needed.
- Present menu, answer questions, and make suggestions regarding food, service, appropriate wines, and food preparation.
- Memorize menu selections and wines including being familiar with daily specials and basic ingredients.
- Use proper verbiage and etiquette including serving ladies first
- Write order on check or memorize order.
- Relay order to kitchen and service bar utilizing point of sale system
- Observe guests to fulfill any additional request and to perceive when meal has been completed for guest checkout.
- Total bill and accept payment or refer guest to cashier.
- Ladle soup, portion pies and desserts, and brew coffee.
- Clear and reset counters or table at conclusion of each course.
- Assist in cleaning and wiping down of service areas and prep areas
- Notify a manager immediately of any guest complaints.
- Use proper etiquette guidelines for seating guests.
- Ask department telephone using proper telephone etiquette
- Practice and observe all safety rules and procedures.
- Assist all service personnel in any duties as requested.
- Maintain and follow all cash handling procedures.
- Ability to accurately use various office software.
- Minimum lifting of 50 pounds.
- Pushing, bending, stooping, upward reaching, manual dexterity.
- Hearing, writing, typing.
- Minimum pulling of 50 pounds.
- Other duties may be assigned.