The Embassy Suites Bloomington West is looking for a skilled Maintenance Engineer to join the team!
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 - 2 years of general maintenance experience, a positive attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond on a daily basis. This is a great time to be part of #TeamHilton!
A Maintenance Engineer is responsible for maintaining the physical functionality and safety of the facility in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Maintenance Engineer, you would be responsible for maintaining the physical functionality and safety of the facility in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program
- Check work orders and pass along report for any assignment to be completed
- Perform Preventive Maintenance work orders. For example:
- Monitor and maintain all kitchen equipment
- Maintain guestrooms using rooms preventive maintenance program
- Change air-conditioning filters per the maintenance program
- Check HVAC equipment: change filters, belts, bearings and lubricate as necessary. Also check for unusual noise or vibration, and adjust as necessary
- Change or repair locks as needed
- Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas
- Perform guest requests as assigned
- Assist in all phases of repair work
- Assist other engineering personnel as instructed by the Chief Engineer
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools. Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces
- Ensure security of any assigned keys
- All other duties as assigned
- Clean and professional appearance
- Ability to communicate clearly (Speaking and writing)
- Ability to utilize basic technology including a smartphone and a computer
- Experience in maintenance or building trades preferred
- CPO preferred