Basic Function: The Director of Hospitality leads and directs all aspects of the organization’s hospitality (restaurants, bars, tours, retail, and private events) planning and operations in order to provide authentic, one-of-a-kind experiences to Journeyman’s guests, adhering to quality, service, cost projection, and safety standards, while exemplifying the company’s core values and core focus.
- No challenge is too great.
- Goals worth pursuing are never easy and perseverance and determination are essential to success.
- There is no substitute for time and effort and good things will come from those efforts.
ALWAYS A JOURNEYMAN
- The pursuit of excellence is lifelong and mastery is an illusion.
- Joy is in the daily work and the pursuit of excellence, not a final destination.
- A focus on continual improvement and doing our best.
- Treat every customer with the mindset that they are the business’ first-ever customer.
- Treat customers with authenticity, kindness, warmth, care, and friendliness. Be engaging, helpful, and willing to offer a magical experience.
- Be available and provide timely responses in all capacities.
- Extend this mindset to our vendors, suppliers, partners, and especially our fellow employees, never taking any of them for granted.
- Take pride and ownership in your work.
- Engage and actively participate in your work and company activities.
- Be a positive force in the workplace, creating a culture of positivity.
- Extend common courtesy to yourself, employees, and guests.
- Evangelize and promote the company and brand.
- Our Purpose: to create a shared legacy.
- Our Niche: creating great memories for life experiences.
- Provide day-to-day leadership that drives the company to achieve and surpass financial and operational objectives set by ownership.
- Work alongside ownership and key leadership in setting strategic direction, determining priorities, and decision-making.
- Work with accounting, ownership, and key leadership to establish annual budgets and effectively manage all the financial impacts within hospitality operations.
- Lead all capital planning and expenditures efforts.
- Lead, implement, and oversee manageable systems to create successful, repeatable, and scalable hospitality operations.
- Improve processes in the areas of customer experience, food and beverage quality, and facility cleanliness and sanitation, adhering to all applicable codes, laws, policies, and procedures.
- Oversee all aspects of the company’s food and beverage operations including quality control, operational efficiencies, and distributor/vendor/other partner relations.
- Manage new hospitality initiatives and/or existing improvement projects.
- Provide timely analysis and reporting on food, beverage, and services trends, market changes, pricing, and other competitive factors.
- Provide periodic, timely, and accurate reports and records on hospitality conditions and performance to key leadership.
- Create, measure, and report Scorecard metrics, driving continuous improvement.
- Motivate and lead a high-performing team; attract, recruit, and retain top talent; provide mentorship and ongoing development to managers and supervisors.
- Work cross-functionally with Human Resources to provide a high level of employee training and development.
- Create, implement, and monitor written policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
REQUIRED PERSONALITY TRAITS
- A passion for leadership, management, customer experience, and business operation.
- A goal-oriented work ethic built upon a foundation of grit and determination. A doer.
- A desire to collaborate, listen, and learn from superiors, peers, and subordinates alike.
- A true professional: one who possesses a solid business acumen and is cordial, fair, and consistent.
PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to perform job functions with diligence, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Must have ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions independently.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must have ability to use logical or rational thinking to solve problems.
- Must have ability to perform intensive physical work; may be required to lift up to 150 pounds occasionally with assistance, up to 50 pounds independently and frequently and perform such activities as bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping for up to 10 hours without sitting.
EDUCATIONAL, DEVELOPMENT AND WORK-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years of proven experience directing multi-unit Food & Beverage operations of 10 - 20 million dollars in annual revenue required.
- Progressive career advancement within a mix of entrepreneurial and corporate environments required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Familiarity with an Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) strongly preferred.
- Experience in the distilling and/or brewing industry strongly preferred.
- Experience in weddings and private events is a plus.
- Works primarily indoors in office or food service environment.
- Potential exposure to sharp and rapid equipment movement hazards, sharp utensils, extremely hot mash, hot liquids, extremely hot wax, and dangerous chemicals/solvents if proper safety procedures are not followed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.