The Sandra and Leon Levine Jewish Community Center seeks a Cultural Arts Coordinator to provide support to the Cultural Arts Department and the Cultural Arts Director. The Cultural Arts Coordinator will provide administrative support, help organize and implement Cultural Arts programs, activities and special events. She/He will support the Cultural Arts Director in program delivery for all LJCC visual arts, theatre, music, and CJFF programs and will provide leadership in program delivery for all Dance, Visual, and Performing Arts programming for children ages Preschool through K5, on a daily and annual basis. This support and program delivery will ensure the smooth functioning of all LJCC Cultural Arts programs serving children and adults. The Cultural Arts Coordinator will ensure that the highest levels of care, education are program delivery are met for children, adults, and families served in these programs.
The Cultural Arts Coordinator promotes cooperation, participation and harmony within the department and the LJCC as a whole, creating a sense of collegiality and professionalism in the team environment. The Cultural Arts Coordinator is a part of the LJCC Full Time staff team and connects the Cultural Arts programs to the LJCC through participation in Trainings, Staff meetings and by invitation to the Operations, Programmatic and Strategic Vision meetings. The Cultural Arts Coordinator uses varied forms of communication to ensure that the LJCC staff is aware of the Cultural Arts program offerings we have for children, adults, and families. He/She will participate in center-wide organizational tasks and program delivery.
- The Cultural Arts Coordinator ensures responsibility for the LJCC Preschool through K5 Cultural Arts classes in all functions, including program development, compliance with LJCC standards, as well as supervision and implementation of the program in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the LJCC., with oversight by the Director of Cultural Arts &CJFF
- The Cultural Arts Coordinator will also serve, as the Camp Mindy Performing Arts Director. This is a direct service piece and will include all aspects of Camp Life.
- Assist in creating an innovative Cultural Arts Department through Special Events incorporating all components of the arts
- Additionally, the Cultural Arts Coordinator’s role is to assist and support the Cultural Arts Director in:
- Departmental marketing and program recruitment - emailing/calling current and past program participants, reaching out to other community Jewish organizations to promote the JCC’s Cultural Arts programs and more.
- Support LJCC’s performing arts, visual art, music, and dance programs- assist professional directors/instructors with all administrative needs (parent communication, registration, and more). Position requires staffing Sunday programs as needed.
- Provide technical support for programs and productions including sound and lighting set up/ or can learn all of these aspects.
- With specificity, the Cultural Arts Coordinator will:
- Assist and learn all aspects of the CJFF
- Coordinate programs through Park Partners and LJCC Staff
- Ensure the Cultural Arts department staff and independent contractors are supported by providing administrative support- inputting data into excel spreadsheets, updating registrations for programs, maintaining records and files of all children and adult program participants.
- Plan, develop and implement the Preschool through K5 classes and programs, for the LJCC;
- Ensure the highest levels of communication with staff and program users is achieved through active and varied means of communication; email, social media, printed publications, etc.
- To participate in Staff training and professional development sessions.
- Work with the Director of Cultural Arts to assist in the development of marketing tools for the varied programs offered under your supervision.
- Perform other duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in Arts program development and direct service implementation in a community- based setting.
- Current CPR, AED and First Aid or willing to learn
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software: including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; customer-service orientation with specific strength in diplomacy and discretion strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.