SpinSys, a leading Health IT solution provider focuses on advancing healthcare innovations through leveraging industry leading technologies. We are looking to add integral members to our DHA service delivery team to provide leading industry, cloud-based, mobile, web, BI, AI and big data solutions. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a small team of high caliber developers, administrators and engineers focused on solving challenges using best-of-breed open-source and in-house developed solutions, then the SpinSys team is where you want to be.
Learn more about our unique culture at jobs.spinsys.com.
SpinSys offers an exceptional package of benefits including a comprehensive subsidized health insurance through a nationwide Blue Cross Blue Shield provider and fully paid dental, and vision insurance. We have unlimited vacation and sick leave as well as 10 paid holidays every year. Our 401(k) program is matched and is immediately vested upon entry to the plan. Tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, casual open work environment, flexible work arrangements and paid training are just some of the other benefits we offer.
- The DBA will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and testing of multiple databases for the project.
- Perform daily administrative tasks, including backup/recovery, performance optimization, space management, DB health, monitoring event logs, and troubleshooting to maintain a databases in support of multiple teams and client needs.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes, and apply patches, as needed. Create and maintain SQL scripts for data extraction, migration and maintenance. Perform tests and evaluations to ensure data security, privacy, and integrity Qualifications
- In depth knowledge of the EDB PostgreSQL DB architecture.
- Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of EDB PostgreSQL for production, pre-production and non-production environments.
- Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the non-production (Sandbox, development, test, UAT, Training), pre-production (Staging) and production lifecycles requirements.
- Design and implement automation using scripts, must be proficient in scripting.
- Design and implement replication and backups for mission critical/tier-1 applications.
- Ensuring optimal database performance through exhaustive pro-active testing and ongoing real-time monitoring.
- Testing database security and enterprise policy guidelines according to established best practices.
- Monitor and maintain the backups for database recoverability for all production databases.
- Support the development of to implement application behavior inside databases
- Support in the migration from Oracle to PostgreSQL migration that includes: functions, triggers, stored procedures and packages