The Human resources coordinator supports all team members and provides a wide range of professional daily administrative and human resources functions. Duties include maintaining compliant with all filing, certification review, annual reporting, audits, and employee notifications. The HR coordinator supports plan programs and processes designed to improve employee welfare.
1) Maintain compliant active and terminated employee files by ensuring all required documents are filed timely.
- Create new hire team member files and ensure all required paperwork is inserted in the correct sub-folder and maintained in accordance with compliance guidelines during active employment.
- Maintain independent contractor and consultant files in accordance with compliance requirements.
- Process terminated team member files to maintain required documents and file in HR storage area in accordance to record retention guidelines.
- Ensure active and terminated team member data is maintained on the DHS Registry.
- Complete DHS required annual background checks on all team members and contracted individuals.
- Administer the annual CANTS process in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Support annual audit/survey process conducted by regulatory agencies by providing the requested team member file documentation.
2) Process new benefit enrollments, qualified change of status and terminations through benefit carrier websites.
- Maintain/track new hires and regularly check Paylocity to identify and verify benefit elections for accuracy when processed by carrier feeds.
- Email newly eligible team members information about election options, assist in coordinating a date/time to meet with Director, Benefits Compensation and Compliance for onboarding meeting.
- Activate benefit enrollment windows for team members newly eligible or who incur a life event.
- Distribute benefit access information to newly enrolled team members.
- COBRA processing including with third-party terminated benefit coverage for team members.
- Administer FSA/HSA enrollments and terminations with third-party vendor.
- Assist in all compliance notice distributions/mailings.
- Assist in all open enrollment/wellness activities sponsored by People team.
3) Maintain a current tracking system and transition to automated format to monitor the status of required skills training for active Direct Support Professionals.
· Track/update training needed for DSP’s and notify supervisors of training status to ensure course registration and completion through tracking system. Skills training includes:
- First Aid/CPR
- Aggression Management/Mandt
- OIG/Rule 50
- DSP Training (On The Job Training)
- TABE Testing
- Medicine Administration Training
- Conduct an annual driver’s license audit.
4) Support Finance and HRIS team with review and checks of the following:
- Track and process employee referral bonus payments for new hires and referring team members.
- Support HRIS Coordinator with review and verification of termination information noted in HRIS System.
- Entry of 403b election changes in HRIS system (weekly) and periodic audits for accuracy.
- Support Finance team in a review of payroll entries (bi-weekly).
5) Serve as a point of contact for People team, providing general policy, procedure and direction ensuring follow through to all team members. May require occasional travel and support at all Aspire locations.
6) Ensure all required regulatory notices/posters are ordered, properly displayed and/or distributed.
7) Managing supplies orders and internal supply inventory and ordering appropriately.
8) Point person for obtaining branded wear for Aspire team member related events.
9) Other duties as assigned to support plan programs and processes designed to improve employee welfare and engagement.
Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 years related human resources administrative work experience
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to deal tactfully, engaging and courteously with individuals, and team members at all levels and the public.
- Competence with technology/software to include Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Organization and detail orientation
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
· Previous benefit administration experience
· Previous experience working HRIS and Learning Management Systems
· Advance Excel skills
Aspire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities so that an applicant may complete the essential functions of a position. The essential functions of positions are outlined in a position’s job description. To request an accommodation or if you have a question regarding what the essential functions of a position are please contact the People Team at 708.236.0979.