Position Summary: Establish a mature, accepting and caring relationship with each individual characterized by consistency and respect. Represent the Agency by promoting and modeling the mission and core values of the Sisters of Mercy and Mercy Home.
General Purpose: Facilitate community integration and support individual in their pursuit for meaningful recreation and social activity while fostering an environment in which the Individual are free to express their wants and needs. Represent the agency in a positive light abiding by our mission and core values in all aspects of the position.
• To teach skills for activity games, safe and appropriate use of recreational and educational equipment.
• To be responsible for safety on trips and outings to and from an activity or any other function as assigned, maintaining a valid driver’s license at all times.
• To document attendance and appropriate Medicaid billing in assigned individual files while exercising NYS guidelines.
• Report progress and pertinent data on growth and areas of development to parents, caregivers, and Medicaid Service Coordinators, as necessary.
• Encourage total communication, social interaction which includes the modeling of appropriate behavior to consumers.
• Assist in maintenance and distribution of supplies and equipment (inventory).
• Ensure that work areas are cleaned and organized after each use.
• Participate as a team member with co-workers and supervisors in the delivery of quality services.
• Perform job related tasks as assigned, to include attendance and participation at meetings and trainings as necessary.
• Explore new types of social, educational and recreational experiences.
• Participate in the provision of direct care tasks for individuals such as toileting, personal hygiene, and grooming, as needed.
• Provide training to the individuals in areas of domestic skills and activities of daily living.
• Provide supervision to each individual.
High School Diploma or a GED. Ability to read, writes, and properly record for behaviors and goals in individual’s progress notes. Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills. Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted NYS Driver’s License. Acquire and maintain all appropriate certifications necessary for the position through internal trainings such as SCIP-R, First Aide, Corporate Compliance and CPR. Must be creative, enthusiastic, highly motivated and have a positive attitude.