The #1 “Best Place to Work” in Pittsburgh is calling all actuaries in search of its Project Accountant. Why “next?” Because at Burns Scalo Real Estate, we empower our people to take charge and allow them to grow. If you’re courageous, accountable, and always do the right thing…you will grow too.
Join a team where everybody counts…literally.
If you can’t imagine a day without crunching numbers, keep reading. If you can crunch numbers while thinking fast and moving quickly, we want to meet you. The Project Accountant is an essential building block in our organization’s continued growth. We want someone with a penchant for accuracy, process improvement, and automation. Still reading? Here are the deets:
Responsible for management of construction accounting duties, budget forecasts and tracking to support Burns Scalo Development operations and business success.
- Post invoices, credits, and adjustments in the accounting system monthly.
- Prepare monthly bank draws.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of owner’s work-in-progress reports, construction binders, and financial reporting for all construction-related entities.
- Work with project managers to ensure compliance with accounting requirements, including reviewing, and analyzing job cost estimates and reports monthly.
- Prepare monthly check runs, reconcile bank statements, including verifying outstanding checks and deposits, voiding and reissuing stale dated bank items.
- Compile cost data and produce monthly cost reports and estimates for project completion. Analyze job cost estimates to actual costs on an ongoing basis and/or monthly financial reports.
The experience you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field.
- Yardi experience – a plus!
- 3 years’ experience preferred
- Proficient in excel
- Real Estate license and/or ability to obtain within first year of employment.
But wait, there’s more
- Competitive pay
- Summer Fridays (1/2 days)
- Holidays (10)
- Paid Time Off (10+ days), and 5 sick leave
- Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance Plans – eligible 1st of the month following hire date
- 401(k) with matching contributions of 4% - eligible after 90 days
- Onsite fitness center
- Company cell phone
- Bonus Program (company, incentive, and performance bonuses)
- Company swag ($400 annually to company store)
We practice what we preach
Burns Scalo Real Estate has been unlocking human potential by delivering life-changing experiential real estate for more than 65 years. Simply put, we create spaces people want to come to not just have to. When they do, they’re happier, more motivated, and more productive. What we do for our clients, we learned by doing for our people first. Trust us. You’ll feel it when you walk through the front door.