You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the world. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
The Social Media Content Manager is responsible for creating multimedia content to support the company’s storytelling and communications efforts specifically for use on social media.
· Responsible for creating and scheduling content for social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest, etc. from writing copy to photography and video shooting and editing
· Stay updated on emerging trends in social media and follow relevant trends, maximize content for current algorithms
· Strategically analyze audiences on each platform and customize copy and content to that audience
· Write with the Holiday World brand voice in short-form social media posts as well as long-form blog posts
· Build a social media content calendar, including timelines for content needed, and share with relevant departments
· Plan and schedule website messaging, including editing in HTML
· Manage sweepstakes and contest programs throughout the year, including notifying and tracking winners
· Create a user-generated content sharing program
· Participate in the planning and implementation of clear and concise messaging
· Work cohesively with Communications, Marketing, Sales, Special Events, and other departments
· Participate in hosting special guests such as television production crews, reporters, travel writers, and coaster enthusiast clubs
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, or related discipline
· 3-5 years of professional experience in communications, public relations, or journalism, or social media management
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Canva; ability to learn new software programs, including social media scheduling tools
· Prior experience in the amusement/theme park or high-volume tourist-based entertainment venue is preferred
· Excellent writing skills, including an understanding of why word choice matters
· Experience with shooting and editing video on a variety of devices, from GoPros to iPhones, to professional equipment
· Experience with shooting photos with DSLR, and editing RAW image files
· Willingness to travel overnight to attend and participate in seminars, meetings, and conferences out of town
· Ability to work cross functionally with all levels of employees and management
· Ability to work full-time
· Acceptable scores of technical and psychological assessments
· Acceptable pre-employment drug screen, credit check, and background check
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari offers competitive wages and benefits, including a generous 401(k) match, bonus program, PTO accrual program, tuition discounts and reimbursements, free season passes and tickets, and much more!
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
For the safety of our Guests and our staff, Holiday World & Splashin' Safari conducts background checks on all applicants aged 18 or older and we follow all federal and state laws, FCRA regulations and EEOC guidance regarding the use of criminal records in the hiring process. Unless otherwise provided by law, a criminal record will not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee from employment.