The Museum School of Avondale Estates seeks a skilled and passionate educator to serve in the role of Special Education Paraprofessional. The staff member will work closely with the special education staff, classroom teachers, and staff to provide assistance with classroom organization, management, and instructional strategies Additionally, the teacher must be able to promote a classroom environment that recognizes and appreciates diversity. To learn more about our work around equity,
diversity and inclusion, please visit https://themuseumschool.org/welcome/our-community/.
- Supporting students’ IEPs by offering individual support to students through push-in and pull-out settings
- Working closely with Special Education staff to ensure that all areas of a student’s IEP (goals, setting, modifications, etc.) are implemented as intended
- Assisting teachers and students by working with students individually or in small groups, reinforcing instruction while attending to student’s learning styles and academic level
- Assisting with classroom management and classroom organization
- Assisting administrators and other staff members in the supervision of students during arrival, dismissal and lunch
- Assisting teachers and other staff members with the supervision of students during learning expeditions
- Other duties as required
- Certified or certifiable Georgia Paraprofessional
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two (2) years of experience with children
- Experience working with a diverse student population
- Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
The mission of The Museum School of Avondale Estates is to inspire students, teachers, and the community to collaborate to develop strong critical thinking, interpersonal, and academic skills in our students, which will prepare them for real-world success. The museum-school model is a unique approach to learning.