Hourigan is the go-to fully integrated construction management and development firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. We’re focused on establishing solid partnerships that are based on collaboration, trust, and respect. Our team approaches each moment with our shared values—lead forward, serve with integrity, and never disappoint—in mind. If you have a collaborative mindset, crave to a make a difference, and want to elevate your career, we have a place for you.
We have an opportunity a Quality Control Manager to lead and coordinate project specific quality control activities to ensure work is installed in accordance with on-site construction means and methods requirements as defined by the Hourigan’s procedures manual, project requirements and the construction contract documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Superintendent in performance of all project start-up activities as described in the procedures manual.
- Thoroughly understand, organize and maintain on a current basis all project contract documents.
- Develop the project submittal / procurement log in conjunction with input from required Subcontractors, Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Review all project submittals for conformance to construction contract documents.
- Maintain the project submittal/procurement log and track the status of all submittals to ensure materials are submitted and returned in a timely manner as not to affect the construction schedule.
- Co-conduct Subcontractor pre-installation and coordination meetings with the Project Manager and Superintendent
- Inspect all materials for conformance to construction contract documents as they arrive on-site.
- Coordinate required special inspections with the Owner’s Special Inspections Agent.
- Conduct regular visual inspections of all phases of work to ensure acceptable workmanship and use of approved materials.
- Identify and resolve all on-site project specific issues in conjunction with the Superintendent and/or Project Manager.
- Implement and enforce all required on-site Quality Control and Safety procedures.
- Participate in the Hourigan Safety and Health Management System (SHMS) by committing to safe work practices, raising concerns, attending and applying safety and health training, and eliminating hazards within your capability and control and the help of safety staff.
- Provide resources and support to ensure positive safety and health outcomes in line with the Hourigan SHMS.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, Safety, or related field position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of industry experience, preferrably in general contracting.
- Must have prior Federal construction project experience with USACE, NAVFAC, DOD, GSA, or other similar federal agencies.
- OSHA30, First Aid, CPR, and USACE QC Certifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of EM 385-1-1
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with CMiC and Bluebeam preferred.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of commercial construction means and methods, application of LEED certifications, and a thorough understanding of industry practices.
- Approach every responsibility and interaction with a high-level of integrity, fairness, care, and concern.
- Lead forward by seeing challenges as a way to create new possibilities and solutions.
- Consistently deliver beyond expectations to provides exceptional results.
- Some periodic travel may be required.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability, 401k employer match, and paid time off.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or family status, amnesty or protected military or veterans’ status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.