At Camp For All, we continue to reshape and transform the world for our campers with special needs and challenging illnesses by proving the impossible is possible! We pride ourselves in developing and implementing program activities that any individual can participate in to ensure each camper is given an equal opportunity.
On a team of five full-time Program Supervisor’s, you will work together with the Program Manager to coordinate all program activities, ensuring that Partner group’s time at Camp For All is a success. As a Program Supervisor, you are expected to help create and maintain a professional environment where the Camp For All mission may be carried out through intentional programming. The Program Supervisor team tracks camper and program outcomes that drive continuous program improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or 1 year related work experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seasonal or Year-Round leadership position in a camp or outdoor education environment preferred
- Experience working with youth and/or populations with medical or other special needs
List of Essential Duties
- Develops, evaluates, documents and implements daily Camp events and program activities
- Actively recruits seasonal Program Staff throughout the year
- Communicates effectively to employees, coworkers, and other stakeholders
- Evaluates, inventories, and orders equipment and supplies for program department
- Creates, documents, and maintains activity manuals
- Initiates, investigates and documents weekly camp and activity site inspections assuring appropriate maintenance of activity and equipment used therein
- Reads and interprets documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Assists in implementing and maintaining records or safety standards to be followed by all program staff, in accordance with Camp For All and American Camp Association (ACA) standards
- Communicates with groups to effectively facilitate an enjoyable camping experience that aligns with Partner and program goals
- Obtains/maintain First Aid/CPR/AED training
- Assists in organizing, documenting, teaching, coordinating and/or supervising program area training for Program Staff
- Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Maintains flexible work schedule with the ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays
The Program Supervisor team is responsible for assisting the Program Manager in supervising a total of 5-45 seasonal program staff throughout the year. They are responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees. They carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Camp For All policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Program Supervisor reports directly to the Program Manager
Annual Salary for this full time, exempt position starts at $38,000/year. Camp For All offers 100% employer paid health, life and long-term disability benefits. Additionally, dental, vision, and supplemental life benefits are offered.
Camp For All is proud to provide generous paid time off, earned every pay period and includes (11) paid holidays. Eligible employees are also encouraged to participate in the 401k plan with a matching employer contribution of up to 4%.
Shared housing with a private bedroom and bathroom is available and is maintained by Camp For All. When leading a group, the Program Supervisor is expected to stay on site in Professional Staff Housing (PSH).