Thomas College has been preparing students for success in their personal and professional lives for over 125 years. Located in Waterville, Maine, Thomas College nurtures the unique potential within each student with innovative programs that produce career ready graduates. Our Guaranteed Job Program, 3-year accelerated offerings in all undergraduate degrees and a master’s degree in the fourth year, individualized advising, career counseling, and our Innovation Centers in Business and Education meet a student’s determination to succeed with the direction, confidence, and tools to realize the highest version of themselves. Our graduate degree offerings fit every lifestyle with in-person accelerated programs to evening online courses. Whether in the classroom, in the community, or on the athletics field with our 19 varsity sports, Thomas College provides a personalized experience that prepares students for the workplace of tomorrow. Recognized by U.S. News & World Report, Thomas College ranks #2 among colleges in Maine for the social mobility of our graduates. Learn more at www.thomas.edu.
Thomas College offers the ability for full-time employees and dependents/spouses to earn an undergraduate and/or graduate degree tuition free. Graduate programs are subject to taxes.
The Director of Advancement Services (DAS) maintains Thomas Colleges donor database, Raiser's Edge, as a robust and critical tool to advance the College while managing information security, accuracy and integrity of donor records.
The DAS provides essential support to the Development and Alumni Relations divisions within Advancement. S/he produces the critical information required by the members of the department, as well as the President’s Office, and the Board of trustees.
As part of the Development division, s/he oversees gift processing and generates proper, timely acknowledgments, plus reconciles fundraising records with the Finance department. This individual helps supports advancement success through prospect research, identification of benchmarking strategies and assessing return on investment related to data analysis and implementation. S/he designs queries and key exports and reports and creates mailing lists as required. S/he also is responsible for tracking pledges and creating donor reminders to generate revenue for the Thomas Fund (the annual fund) and the College’s comprehensive campaigns.
The Director must be sincerely passionate about the mission and vision of Thomas College and willing to be an active and positive member of our special community.
The Director of Advancement Services should be a self-starter who is detail-oriented, organized, proactive, a team player and understands the value and importance of proper data management. The Director must be committed to team building and collegial development work with increasing levels of responsibility and demonstrated success. The successful candidate will possess:
- High level knowledge of and experience with donor database systems (Raiser's Edge preferred).
- Demonstrated skills in the planning; identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors for immediate gifts.
- Skilled in database analysis to identify donor capacity and prospective donors through analytic reports.
- Detail orientated individual possessing excellent organizational skills and an emphasis on accuracy required. Strong keying and typing skills are essential.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding donor portfolio files, data comparison, institutional and departmental strategic planning.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including both written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, administrative and planning skills.
- Ability to handle varied tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to train and inspire others to utilize the database and reports to close prospective gifts.
- High level knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, internet and database software packages
- Ability to exhibit high ethical standards of conduct and confidentiality in dealing with various internal and external constituencies
- Ability to present oneself in a professional manner.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies is essential.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud fundraising software preferred.
Thomas offers a competitive benefits package to include:
Medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, 6% 403(b) matching plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, thirteen paid holidays, on-site gym, meal discounts and free tuition for employees, spouse and dependent children.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and names of three professional references. Please include an email address on your application materials.
The College requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 . After a successful applicant receives a job offer they will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or must apply and be approved for a medical or religious exemption.