With roots reaching back to 1901, New Vision Co-op serves more than 2,000 member-owners from 18 different locations, providing products and services focused on feed, grain, and agronomy. New Vision offers limitless opportunities for passionate individuals looking to unlock a deeper value for the future of agriculture and our communities. Our growing company is in search for new talent for the role of Conservation Agronomist:
This position provides a variety of technical and administrative assistance to support all aspects of the programs and activities of New Vision Coop and project partners of the Missouri River Watershed in a direct effort to accelerate stewardship of agricultural lands and to bridge the gap between public/private sectors. This position will cover the service area of New Vision Coop and the Missouri River Watershed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Expected to work cooperatively as a team player, participating in weekly meetings with conservation partners, especially SWCD staff, Technical Service Area (TSA), USDA staff, Missouri River watershed project staff, and others to develop conservation programs and accomplish goals and objectives of established plans.
- Collaborate with the New Vision Coop agronomy team to create an outreach plan for their customers and deliver conservation services within the project area that includes their sustainability partner programming.
- Collect agronomic data to generate stewardship and profitability insights and support scenario development for improvements and revenue opportunities, using New Vision Coop’s preferred sustainability platform.
- Build capacity and expertise within the precision agronomy and agronomy sales teams at New Vision Coop to increase knowledge of Districts programs, NRCS practices, and USDA and other state cost-share programs.
- Interface with Conservation Agronomists working with ag retailers across the U.S. to share best practices and help New Vision bring a new go to market strategy around sustainability.
- With partners, develop and implement workshops and field days designed to educate growers, farm-related and grower-led organizations on best practices, and other innovative conservation systems that benefit natural resource quality and farm productivity.
- These duties describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this position and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties performed. Other duties may and will be assigned.
- Two-year degree in agronomy and soils, biology, environmental science OR equivalent experience in a related field working with agricultural and natural resources.
- Understanding of basic agronomic and agricultural economic principles.
- Capacity to develop and interpret soils maps & aerial photography.
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, excel, Arc GIS, GPS).
- An understanding of agricultural practice in our region.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Why New Vision?
Along with competitive wages, New Vision offers well rounded health insurance benefits including dental, vision, group life, & long/short term disability, HSA/FSA, and 401k (with a 6% company match). Employees benefits also include paid holidays, volunteer time, PTO, clothing allowances, referral program, and profit sharing.