Better Careers Start Here!
Join a company that fosters career growth through formal job training and strategic leadership development programs. The amazing career opportunities at Hunter Communications are fueled by our rapidly expanding, state-of-the-art fiber internet and world-class customer service.
At Hunter Communications, all employees are provided a rich, fully paid benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability coverage, life insurance, and an employee assistance program. We offer very generous vacation, sick, and holiday time off, a 401k program with a generous employer match, and numerous bonus opportunities.
Hunter Communications is searching for ambitious, hard-working entry-level laborers to train for a career as an Aerial Lineman, Installer, or Splicer. This is an amazing opportunity to join a well-established, rapidly growing company that offers a thriving environment for employees with career training, a fully paid benefits package, and generous time off.
If you're a hard working individual that enjoys working outdoors and doesn't mind working in inclement weather, we can train you for a great career at Hunter Communications!
Groundhand is the entry level position in the Construction Department. The employee will typically work four ten hour shifts, however, that can change. The position will also be on call periodically and travel out of town for jobs. The groundhand will require heavy lifting and physical labor to work on the four person team to install poles, strand, fiber, or conduit to help build the network.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specific duties include but not limited to:
- Perform all duties assigned
- A current class A CDL or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of hire date
- Possess a flagging certificate or obtain one within 90 days of hire date
- Perform heavy manual labor, able to lift 70lbs on occasion
- Must have the ability to work as a member of a team
- A current CPR card or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of hire date
- Must be in excellent physical condition.
- Ability to think ahead and use independent judgment
- Must be willing to relocate to within 35 minutes of the corporate office.
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Reports to the crew lead lineman/operator/foreman
- Will work as a team with other crews
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be in excellent physical condition
- Work flexible hours, overtime, and take 24 hour on call duty rotating basis, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Work, including travel, outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
- Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
Ability to work while standing 80 - 90% of the time
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Needs a Class A CDL or obtain one within 90 days of employment
- Flagging Certification within 90 days
- Pass drug screen
Hunter Communications provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.