The New York City District Council of Carpenters Training Center is seeking a part-time Millwright Instructor with a minimum of 10 years work experience within the Millwright Industry. Must have knowledge of means and materials used within the New York City & Vicinity Millwright and Machinery Erectors Trade.
· Have a solid understanding of industrial mechanical construction. Organize and present programs of practical and technical instruction on Millwright principals, means and methods; including demonstrations of skills required in the trade, lectures on theory, techniques, and terminology.
· Plan and supervise training of apprentices; individually or in groups.
· Instruct apprentices and journeymen in subject areas including, tool & equipment maintenance, machinery installation, construction codes, and regulations & safety precautions related to the Millwright Trade.
· Maintain inventory and equipment records within assigned classroom and work space.
· Assure that all students abide by the guidelines, policies, rules and regulations set by the NYC Carpenters Training Center.
· Test and evaluate achievement of students in technical knowledge and trade skills.
· Maintain attendance records and task sheets.
· Add new projects in coordination with Administration, including any products or technologies new to the industry. Recommend or suggest changes for the improvement of the training program.
· Train in all subject matters needed by the Carpenters Training Center to instruct apprentices and journey level members, including Health and Safety courses.
· Knowledge of training theory and its practical application.
· Skilled in prioritizing & assigning work, preparing reports, and adapting instruction to meet individual needs.
· Strong public speaking ability.
· Must be willing to attend UBC training classes in Las Vegas.
· Prior instructor experience preferred.
· Basic Computer Skills.
· Welding and Rigging Experience.
· Must be open to a flexible schedule.
Pay Rate: $61/hr.
This position is required to be in the office 5 days a week.
Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable laws.