Job Title: Logistics Manager
Report to: Director of Distribution
Location: Burlingame, CA
B+N Industries designs and manufactures innovative and intelligently engineered solutions that create purposeful and beautiful places. Collaborations with our clients result in successful design-driven, brand-centric, and meaningful individual and program-type projects.
About The Role
Our business is looking for a talented and qualified Logistics Manager to join our team. As a Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for all supply chain management duties including selecting carriers, researching shipping methods, assessing budgets, and organizing storage. In this role, you will strategically plan routes, analyze budgets, and process shipments.
Who You are?
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong attention to detail in order to oversee daily operations and logistics functions. In addition to having excellent organizational skills, you should also posses in-depth knowledge of freight logistics and inventory systems.
What you Will be Doing
- Plan and execute paperwork and scheduling of shipments including LTL, T/L, air, import, export, expedited, ocean and white glove.
- Develop good working relationships and work closely with carriers to ensure timely deliveries and competitive rates.
- Provide updates and tracking to Sales / Project Managers on all shipments as need arises.
- Support customer requirements for transportation resources as necessary to best meet their needs.
- Provide freight quotes and additional requested information as needed.
- Verify weights and DIMs of shipments
- Input/update product item numbers, descriptions, weights, and DIMs on Item Weight spreadsheet located on Distribution server.
- Plan and execute all inbound and outbound shipments.
- Work with freight forwarder to ensure compliance with US Customs and all Customs related procedures.
- Resolve customer issues associated with international shipments.
- Generate export documentation (commercial invoice, USMCA, SED and AES electronic filing).
Customer Service / Misc.
- Manage the communication flow to all appropriate departments pertaining to LTL, T/L, air, ocean, expedited and white glove shipments.
- Assist Director of Distribution with daily operational tasks or projects as needed or designated (i.e. order fulfillment, packing, unloading, loading, labels, packing, etc.).
- Maintain safe work area and comply to safety regulations.
- Other jobs, duties and tasks as assigned.
- Adhere to company’s operational policies and procedures.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and stoop
- Ability to stand for long duration of time, without health restrictions.
- Multi-task without difficulties in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- 2-5 years of experience in professional domestic and international transportation.
- DOT & IATA Certification desired
- Experience with import / export procedures, container logistics and labeling requirements.
- Working knowledge of carrier and forwarder rate calculations, routing guides and international shipping documents.
- Must be able to perform in a high paced warehouse environment and meet deadlines.
- Possess good planning, organizational and judgmental skills to assure safe handling of product.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong organizational abilities to maintain maximized warehousing.
- Demonstrate good judgmental skills to assure for safe handling of product.
- Willingness to perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Motivated, self- starter who can clearly follow directions.
- Communicate in an accurate and professional manner.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to accommodate the business needs.
- BS / BA degree preferred.
- 100% Employer Paid Medical, Dental, Life Insurance Premiums
- Employer HSA Contributions
- Vision Offered
- 401(k) Match & Profit Share
- Four and half-day work weeks
- Flexible Time-Off (based on business needs)
To Apply - Visit us at www.bnind.com
Follow Us on Social Media