At Healthy Alliance, our purpose is to improve health and empower the underserved. Every community has its own needs, affecting the health of those who live, learn, work, and play within them. Our network brings together organizations, big and small, to coordinate and collaborate so that all communities have reliable access to the resources they need. Why? Because every New Yorker deserves the same opportunity to be healthy.?
As a 2019-22 Albany Business Review’s Best Places to Work and a 2021-2022 Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Health Care award recipient, we strive to maintain a culture wherein high-performing, mission-driven team members collectively work toward better health for all. Dedicated to promoting a culture built upon autonomy, mastery, and purpose, we believe our differences in strengths and perspectives play an integral role in propelling us forward, while our core values ground us, serving as the common thread that unites our team.
The Data Analyst is responsible for establishing and maintaining data analysis processes that support Healthy Alliance’s mission, strategic initiatives, contractual obligations, and data quality standards. The Data Analyst collaborates closely with business and technical teams in supporting data-driven decisions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties assigned. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Work with key business partners to understand business priorities and develop effective and timely analytic solutions.
- Develop clear and well-structured analytical plans and logical and conceptual data flows.
- Query, link, validate, and analyze data across multiple databases with a keen eye on data integrity.
- Analyze data and calculate metrics, including health outcomes and cost savings.
- Present and explain results of analyses internally and externally.
- Identify and address expected and unforeseen data complexities to mitigate their impact on reporting and analytic outcomes.
- Look for new data correlations that can be used to illustrate additional value to partners.
- Investigate and analyze data to identify trends that could benefit both internal and external clients.
- Identify data discrepancies and opportunities for improved data capture.
- Ensure constant compliance with data standards and data sharing regulations and guidelines with an emphasis on continuous quality control and process improvements.
- Translate business requirements into data and report technical specifications.
- Design and develop ongoing and ad hoc reports and dashboards for internal and external customers, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of data.
- Conduct data and reporting testing when appropriate.
- Support data technical team by participating in design sessions.
- Provide data management documentation, inclusive of reporting and analytics platforms.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of task activities and/or duties that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, or related field.
(Equivalent work experience in a related field may be considered in lieu of degree requirements.)
Required Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 3-5 years data analysis experience using large diverse data sets.
- Experience in health care or social care services industries.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products with advanced knowledge in Excel a plus.
- Experience in performance tuning of reporting queries.
- Experience developing advanced SQL queries.
- Experience analyzing and conducting critical analysis to derive business insights.
- Experience developing reports and dashboards in a Business Intelligence (BI) tool (i.e., Power BI and Tableau).
- Experience with Azure a plus.
- Experience in supporting non-technical end users in the proper compilation and submission of data using standard file formats.
- Strong communication skills and ability to transform data into information, information into complex analytics, and analytics into actionable plain language to drive business decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate methods and results to a non-technical audience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform quality control and troubleshoot with an emphasis on attention to detail.
- Performs all work in accordance with Healthy Alliance core competencies and values.
Offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background investigation including OIG List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE) and state Medicaid exclusion lists. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Salary Range: $75,000-$90,000/year commensurate with skills and experience
This position involves sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing, use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop, and cell phone. May include light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds independently or with assistance. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Healthy Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com
This job function involves potential access/interaction with protected health information. Position will be required to abide by company policies and procedures that support federal, state and local HIPAA regulations. Any violations will be subject to company policy which includes disciplinary actions up to and including separation of employment. Healthy Alliance is an At-Will Employer