About USA Volleyball
Would you like to work in the Olympic movement with one of the most successful organizations serving one of the fastest growing and exciting sports in the world? USA Volleyball (USAV) is the national governing body for beach, indoor, sitting, snow, and para-beach volleyball in the United States with over 400,000 members, responsible for selecting the Olympic and Paralympic volleyball teams. USA Volleyball also supports a network of regional associations, youth and junior programs, national championships, coaching and officials training, grassroots development, and the SafeSport initiative. Visit www.usavolleyball.org for more.
USAV is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our programs and activities or our employment practices. To learn more about USAV’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts, please visit our DEI page at: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-volleyball/dei.
The Coordinator, Events reports to the Manager, Events. This position is assigned primarily to Girls Championship events and Girls Qualifying Events with some additional events cross-over. The Coordinator, Events shares oversight in essential tasks related to Events, to include but not limited to team registration, event logistics and execution, event staffing, customer service and budget management. This position requires excellent organization, communication, planning and coordination. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload, and makes recommendations for changes in office processes, programs, and practices.
This position answers non-routine correspondence exercising the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituencies. Moderate travel is required for this position, heaviest February - July. Cross department utilization is expected. This position is located in Colorado Springs.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Assist with the overall quality standards of the USA Volleyball Girls National Championships including assisting with budgeting, event logistics, team registration and support and event execution.
- Serve as lead in coordination and execution of other assigned events to include budgeting, event logistics, team registration and support, and event execution.
- Coordinate all pre-event aspects of the Girls Qualifying Events, including, but not limited to register and tracking teams in an event database, finding and booking event vendors, and creating contracts.
- Handle direct inquiries and/or requests. Elevate matters when appropriate to the applicable manager and or director as appropriate.
- Process all incoming event-related revenues, and file and process event registrations (data entry) utilizing in-house system for assigned events.
- Produce reports, presentations, spread sheets and special projects.
- Assist with preparing, packing, distributing, or shipping all materials as required by the events department staff.
- Update, circulate, collect, and track independent contractor agreements and Officials’ contracts for assigned events, including cross-checking all dates, updating on-line registration system.
- Enter, process, and verify registrations with the online event database and work with volleyball regions and teams concerning their registrations and data.
- Post qualifier results on the website. Send out reminder prior to qualifier-to-qualifier directors.
- Track number of teams and invoice Qualifiers post event.
- Post event and related information on website as needed.
- Provide in-office support for event department staff, specifically when staff are absent from the office conducting events.
- Assist in inventory VIK numbers/amounts for all Championship & Qualifying Events to be used in the upcoming year.
- Prepare and monitor assigned budgets within the Events Department.
- Prepare, collect, and implement vendor/exhibitor contracts for all national Championship tournaments.
- Assist with contract provisions of equipment logistics staff and Independent Contractors at GJNC & Qualifiers.
- Respond to email inquiries from the general events mailbox that pertain to the assigned events.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Business or Sport Administration or related degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience.
- Experience using event registration systems preferred.
- Requires the ability to work indoor & outdoor with moderate to heavy physical labor for extended period of time ensuring program/event success.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Must be able to successfully pass a USAV background screening.
- Must successfully complete SafeSport training within two weeks of hire date. Training must be maintained throughout employment.
Salary: $45,000 - $50,000/Annually
USAV also offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees to include:
- Paid Time Off
- Up to 14.5 paid holidays per year
- 403B retirement plan
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Parental leave
- Robust EAP and wellness program
- Employer paid life insurance
Benefits may be modified or discontinued from time to time at the company’s discretion as permitted by law
Applications accepted online only. Phone calls not accepted. Applications must be received by no later than January 2, 2023. Please ensure your cover letter addresses your interest in USAV and the position. Apply at: