Better Careers Start Here!
Join a well established, rapidly growing company that fosters career growth through formal job training and strategic leadership development programs!
At Hunter Communications, all employees are provided a rich, fully paid benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability coverage, life insurance, and an employee assistance program. We offer very generous vacation, sick, and holiday time off, a 401k program with a generous employer match, and bonus opportunities.
This position will have you working primarily in our Eugene office and requires a self-directed, motivated, and relationship focused individual who enjoys meeting new people and quickly establishing rapport. We’re searching for a business account executive to join our growing Mid/Northern Oregon team. In this position you’ll be identifying new business and client opportunities to connect to our services to improve their businesses. You’ll need to meet these clients over the phone, from inbound website inquiries, through networking events, door-to-door activities, cold-calling, or building relationships throughout the community. You’ll be working closely with many of our internal teams and have project management support to help the clients you’ve sold get installed.
You’ll be supported by a local sales manager and our VP of Sales.
The ideal candidate understands the value of intentional company culture, resonates with our core values and mission statement, and has experience working with people in the community to identify their needs and help provide them solutions tailored to them. You aren’t afraid to ask the next question, while not shying away from challenging conversations. Your peers describe you as highly organized, disciplined, and curious. As a proven self-starter, you do not need much structure or guidance in order to identify needs and solve them.
- Identify new business opportunities via prospecting, cold calling, networking, social media and using marketing analysis tools to market and sell our products and services
- Negotiate pricing, products, and promotions with prospective clients
- Meet and exceed sales goals and overall objectives
- Manage existing accounts; renew contracts and upsell additional services.
- Develop and maintain sales plans, forecast data and customer database
- Collaborate with other team members to determine solutions to best meet customers’ needs
- Identify key decision makers; develops and conducts effective presentations
- Attend job-related trainings and participate in internal meetings
- Committing to continuous personal and technical growth to drive ongoing success
At Hunter Communications, we have rare and exceptional team collaboration. There is high-trust, autonomy, empowerment, and a strong desire to see the value each unique person brings to the team and support their development at this job and their next.
We’re looking for someone who can help us be better together, with strengths like:
- Lifelong learner
- Strong problem-solving mindset
- Passionate about creating and maintaining positive collaborative relationships
- Comfort and proficiency with a variety of software applications and a desire to learn new systems
- Genuinely interested in helping others
- Committed to building trusting relationships
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- A strong desire to be a part of change and make an impact on our business and in our community
- A shared belief in radical customer service and going the extra mile for our team and our customers
The salary rate for this position starts between $45,000 – $60,000 depending on experience level. We also have a commission plan that includes escalators on sales made. Our average business account executive in Eugene is earning $60,000 annually in commission with top performers earning significantly more.
Hunter Communications provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.