Are you passionate about food, wine, and building community? Join our positive, fun, and hardworking team at McEvoy Ranch, a beautiful 550-acre farm in Petaluma, CA, and enjoy wide-ranging benefits including discounts of up to 40% on our award-winning products.
For over three decades, McEvoy Ranch has been making the highest quality, award-winning, estate olive oils, small lot wines, culinary, and olive oil beauty products. Located 30 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge in the rolling hills of Petaluma, McEvoy Ranch is a 550-acre working, organic ranch, committed to good land stewardship and sustainable farming practices. The Ranch is home to 57 acres of Tuscan olive trees nestled amongst natural ponds, hiking trails, coastal fog, and native wildlife.
The Hospitality and Event Coordinator works closely with the Hospitality Director in all departments to include, events, Social Club, tasting room, outlet, and customer service. The main focus of coordination is in events and the Social Club, with ability to flex to other departments as needed. As a key member of the Hospitality Team, the person in this role will be expected to represent McEvoy Ranch’s high standard of excellence while engaging with the public on the phone, in person, or digitally.
· Support the overall hospitality business with a primary focus on the successful acquisition, planning, and execution of McEvoy Ranch Events, both private and public.
· Act as the Social Club co-coordinator in all aspects of member benefits, issues, correspondence, events, shipping and other duties as assigned.
· Cross train to assist Hospitality Director in other areas as needed to fill in for the tasting room, outlet, inventory, and customer service, and be comfortable switching roles on any given day.
· Working in partnership with the Hospitality Director ensures that all sales goals are met according to the department's objectives, goals, strategies, and tactics.
· Provide excellent customer engagement and sales techniques to provide quotes that are superior to the industry standard and capture all details and budgeted needs promptly.
· Work with Marketing to develop marketing collateral and tools to ensure successful programming.
· Work with the Virtual Tasting & Hospitality Leader to support a successful, growing, virtual tasting program. Responsible for lead acquisition and virtual tasting support as needed.
· Follow all processes and procedures for the hospitality department, and create new processes and protocols as needed.
· Proactively control expenses and track Event and Social Club budget with monthly reviews and a precise tracking system that accounts for all costs.
· Partner with Tasting Room Manager to create event staff schedules for events.
· Execution: plan, process, communicate, and execute all events (including weekends).
· Vendors: develop a comprehensive list of high-quality vendors to support event activities and manage all aspects of their engagement with McEvoy Ranch.
· Administrative: manage event inbox, phones, invoicing, design requests, event itineraries, events tracker, master calendar (for events), gratuity doc, and ticket sales.
Qualifications for the job:
- High School Diploma, BA degree in related field preferred.
- 5 years in Events, Club Membership, Customer Service, or Hospitality.
- A passion for operations and sales in a hospitality and retail environment
- An energetic, enthusiastic, disciplined, hard-working individual
- Ability to work both autonomously for extended periods of time and as part of a team
- Extremely detail oriented and skilled in prioritizing projects & time
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional communication, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule with nights and weekends as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Sustained movement of hands and fingers on a computer keyboard
- Frequently makes use of the senses of vision, sound, smell, taste and touch
- May lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance and a clean driving record
Compensation is based on the level and requirements of the role.
Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, location, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Typically, new team members join at the minimum to mid salary range.
Min to Mid range: $23.00 to $27.00 per hour