Work for Good. Do you want a career with meaning and purpose? Children’s Home Society is one of South Dakota’s leaders in providing services to vulnerable children, women, and families.
As part of Children's Home Society, you will truly Work for Good every day—helping to change the world one day at a time, one child at a time, one woman, one family, one smile, hug, and heart at a time.
Children's Home Society, in Sioux Falls, SD is currently seeking a Full Time Human Resources Director to assist in the directing of all human resources functions including benefits administration, recruitment, performance management, human resource information systems, learning and development as well as provide support to the human resources team.
What You’ll Do:
Your responsibilities as a Full Time Human Resources Director include:
1. Research, design, recommend, and maintain human resources’ policies and procedures and ensure consistency at all locations.
2. Assist in the development of a thorough Total Rewards package, philosophy, and review.
3. Assist in human resources budgeting process.
4. Develop and maintain hiring strategies, policies, and monitoring systems.
5. Ensure regulatory licensing requirements are met.
6. Assist in the development of a robust employee development, training, and succession strategy for the organization.
7. Oversee, review, and coordinate the maintenance of all job descriptions.
8. Monitor conduct of performance reviews & assist with execution.
9. Problem-solve and technically advise on employee relations issues with supervisors, managers and other CHS staff.
10. Maintain knowledge of employment law and assure compliance.
11. Manage worker’s comp and unemployment claims.
12. Provide leadership and coaching to immediate team on decision-making issues affecting the HR function.
What We'll Love About You:
1. You are able to effectively lead and support others.
2. You have great verbal and written communication
3. You are responsible for highly confidential and sensitive information
4. You are able to fulfill the responsibilities of the position with little to no supervision.
5. You are able to organize and prioritize tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
6. You are able to ensure that policies and procedures are consistently met and updated accordingly so there are no legal ramifications to the organization.
Compensation: $69,027.20-$86,284.00 (Depending on education/experience)
- Health Benefits: Two health insurance options – Traditional Plan & High Deductible Health Plan with HSA (automatic employer contribution with enrollment in a HDHP). Vision. Dental.
- Additional Benefits: Employer paid Group Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Short Term & Long-Term Disability. Additional Voluntary Life, Critical Illness, and Accident plans. Employee Assistance Program.
- Student Loan Payments & Tuition Reimbursement: Qualifying employees are eligible for up to $200 per month in Tuition Reimbursement or Student Loan Repayment.
- Paid Time Off: Generous PTO package. 10 paid holidays. 8 hours “Day of Service” for volunteering in the community
- Employee Referral Bonus: Current employees who refer an employee to work at CHS and earn up to $1,000
- Retirement: Qualifying employees receive a guaranteed employer contribution with 100% vesting
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 - 7 year’s-experience with exposure to all facets of Human Resources management required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Master’s Degree, PHR, SPHR, SHRM – CP, Or SHRM – SCP preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Normal office environment with minimal exposure to dust, noise, etc. Extended hours, travel, extended PC viewing, and keyboarding required from time to time. Extended periods of sedentary work.
*Must successfully complete all required background/pre-employment checks. EEO/AA.