Itential is looking for a Business Development Representative to join our world-class revenue team focused creating demand using an innovative tech stack to engage with customers where they are in their buying journey. You serve as an information broker and resource without immediately resorting to stale sales pitches.
About the Company
Itential’s mission is to deliver industry-leading and innovative automation products that empower organizations around the globe to modernize their network infrastructure. At the core of our success is our people, our community of unique individuals, and the culture we embody. We move fast and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers. By joining Itential, you are a part of a wildly diverse community made up of the brightest minds in the industry.
Yet, despite our differences, we all share common values and goals. These values include a commitment to maintaining a healthy and productive work environment, promoting a culture of learning and continual growth, relentless curiosity for solving hard problems and never letting anyone tell us that a goal is out of reach.
We serve some of the largest enterprise, public sector, and telecommunications companies around the world and we're proud to be named to the Inc 5000 fastest growing companies three years in a row. Learn more about life at Itential here.
As the ideal Business Development Representative (BDR) candidate, you have a positive and energetic personality, you are a strong written and verbal communicator, and you have a confident and professional demeanor. You are growth-minded, you actively seek out daily opportunities for improvement, and you are passionate about evolving yourself into the best sales professional you can become.
You want to be challenged while exceeding expectations, you are flexible enough to understand what worked yesterday may not work tomorrow, and you enjoy working with likeminded teammates who maintain a standard of excellence.
You may or may not have prior professional software or technical sales experience, but you have a strong interest in network technologies and automation and you are very excited to play a central role in the scale-up strategy of an enterprise software
About the Role
The outbound prospecting strategy in enterprise software sales is broken. Customers no longer want to be pitched via cold call or e-mail. The modern buyer does more than two-thirds of their research before engaging with a sales rep and makes conclusions about the market offerings without ever speaking to many of the vendors with relevant solutions.
We need you to create a better experience for our potential customers as they navigate their own buyer’s journey, using intent data to give them the information they need when they need it. We want you to support and develop their journey, serving as an information broker and resource without immediately resorting to stale sales pitches.
What You Get to Do in this Role
The lead development representative is responsible creating demand using an innovative tech stack to engage with customers where they are in their buying journey, helping them further develop their understanding of how network automation and orchestration can solve their business challenges. You’ll focus on expanding the buying team, so the customer’s entire team benefits from the knowledge, and once they see the value of what network automation can deliver to them, you’ll help connect them to the sales team.
- Follow up on Marketing-generated leads with creative content paths designed to ensure engagement through the buying journey.
- Assemble and engage with buying groups across targeted accounts.
- Collaborate with Marketing in executing various account-based campaigns.
- Invite and drive attendance to company events, webinars, and trade shows.
- Understand how Itential’s solutions address various customer pain points.
- Research, identify, and prioritize target accounts for prospecting activities, building prospecting contact lists, and org/account mappings.
- Utilize and leverage internal and external technology to identify, develop, and manage accounts effectively.
- Response time in chat, inbound lead inquiries, etc.
- Conversion of sales-ready accounts to opportunities and connecting them with the sales team.
- Process adherence.
To Be Successful in this Role you Have:
- An ambitious, creative, goal-oriented, and customer-focused mindset.
- A basic understanding of network technologies and SaaS offerings.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written skills.
- Ability to build meaningful business relationships with Itential customers, prospects, and internal colleagues.
- A growth mindset, consistently working to improve your skills and adapt in a constantly changing environment.
- Humble confidence and the ability to differentiate Itential to customers.