About the Company
Itential’s mission is to deliver industry-leading and innovative automation products that empower organizations around the globe to modernize their network infrastructure. At the core of our success is our people, our community of unique individuals, and the culture we embody. We move fast and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers. By joining Itential, you are a part of a wildly diverse community made up of the brightest minds in the industry.
Yet, despite our differences, we all share common values and goals. These values include a commitment to maintaining a healthy and productive work environment, promoting a culture of learning and continual growth, relentless curiosity for solving hard problems and never letting anyone tell us that a goal is out of reach.
We serve some of the largest enterprise, public sector, and telecommunications companies around the world and we're proud to be named to the Inc 5000 fastest growing companies three years in a row. Learn more about life at Itential here.
As the ideal Business Development Representative, you have a positive and energetic personality, you are a strong communicator, and you have a confident and professional demeanor. You are growth-minded, you actively seek out daily opportunities for improvement, and you are passionate about evolving yourself into the best sales professional you can become.
You want to be challenged while exceeding expectations, you are flexible enough to understand what worked yesterday may not work tomorrow, and you enjoy working with likeminded teammates who maintain a standard of excellence.
You may or may not have prior professional software or technical sales experience, but you have a strong interest in network technologies and automation, and you are very excited to play a central role in the scale-up strategy of an enterprise software company.
- Intrinsic drive to be successful, love to win – You’ll take initiative to figure it out, do your absolute best work.
- Ability to quickly learn create, test, and optimize messaging.
- A strong interest in technology sales and a desire to build a successful career in this field.
- Proven experience or relevant coursework in sales or business development.
- Clear, succinct communicator – Using your customer’s language, you’ll help them clearly understand the value Itential delivers.
- Innately curious – You’ll know your buyer, their business, and what Itential means to their success.
- Process driven – this role is the tip of the spear for our sales team – you will need to be able to create a repeatable process that helps Itential grow our customer base.
- Collaborate and win as a team – You’ll compete, but above that you’ll collaborate, you’ll share what is working, you’ll help the team win, you’ll take on projects outside of closing deals.
About The Role
The outbound prospecting strategy in enterprise software sales is broken. Customers no longer want to be pitched via cold call or e-mail. The modern buyer does more than two-thirds of their research before engaging with a sales rep and makes conclusions about the market offerings without ever speaking to many of the vendors with relevant solutions.
We need you to create a better experience for our potential customers as they navigate their own buyer’s journey, using intent data to give them the information they need when they need it. We want you to support and develop their journey, serving as an information broker and resource without immediately resorting to stale sales pitches.
What You Get To Do In This Role
As the business development representative, you’ll be an instrumental player to our growth, responsible for converting demand into pipeline using an innovative tech stack to engage with customers where they are in their buying journey, helping them further develop their understanding of how network automation and orchestration can solve their business challenges. Your purpose will be to uncover and qualify new opportunities across our target market. You'll be measured on your ability to create Opportunities that lead to new business.
You’ll focus on expanding the buying team, so the customer’s entire team benefits from the knowledge, and once they see the value of what network automation can deliver to them, you’ll help connect them to the sales team. We will trust you to evangelize Itential, open doors into opportunities, and consistently exceed targets.
- The opportunity to generate new business opportunities to fuel our growth.
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives in prospect accounts
- Research and build accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling)
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business.
- Understand how Itential’s solutions address various customer pain points.
- Utilize and leverage internal and external technology to identify, develop, and manage accounts effectively.
- Response time in chat, inbound lead inquiries, etc.
- Process adherence.
To Be Successful in this Role you Have
- A basic understanding of network technologies and SaaS offerings.
- Understanding of B2B Enterprise Marketing & Sales.
- Inside sales experience a plus.
- Enterprise prospecting experience a plus.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written skills.
- A growth mindset, consistently working to improve your skills and adapt in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Ability to understand customer needs and meet that need with a successful product sale.
- Operational proficiency with modern sales tech stack such as Salesforce, Salesloft, Qualified Chat, 6Sense, Zoom Info, etc.
- Good time management with strong organizational skills.