Allovue believes every student deserves access to the resources they need to be successful in school. Our education resource planning software empowers K–12 administrators at every level to allocate resources to best support the needs of their students. We seek people who are creative, funny, humble, flexible, motivated, collaborative, and problem-solvers. We love and respect our team members. We also love silly GIFs.
The Business Development Specialist is an integral part of Allovue’s sales team. In this role, you will be responsible for finding innovative ways to interest senior school district leaders (superintendents, CFOs, budget and finance directors, etc.) to ensure they are making every dollar work for every student. At Allovue, we do not pester our future customers with nonstop emails and cold calls. We get to know them and their districts, then find ways to make authentic connections to build the top of our sales pipeline for Account Advisors. As the Business Development Specialist, you’ll be responsible for building on this approach with new methods of tailored outreach. Your success will be measured by the number of qualified leads you bring into the pipeline.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS BECAUSE...
You are not tasked with making hundreds of cold calls per day. You’ll step into a well-founded process that results in consistent top-of-funnel creation, but be given the autonomy to build upon that process. You’ll travel - our team is slated to head to events across the country. You’ll have the support of an experienced Sales and Marketing team to back you up and provide regular feedback to grow your skillsets.
- Act as the front line for Allovue by engaging with prospective customers in cabinet or administrative positions (superintendents, CFOs, budget directors)
- Source qualified leads through in-person or virtual events, 1:1 hyper-targeted outreach, and your own research
- Spearhead outreach efforts to generate new leads
- Qualify leads by having a consultative discovery conversation, asking great questions, taking thorough notes, and building excitement for our solutions
- Deliver webinars to engage with future customers
- Represent Allovue at 10-20 conferences each year (travel up to 40%)
- Maintain good data hygiene in HubSpot
- 1-2 years experience in K12-SaaS sales environments preferred
- Absent this, experience in top-of-funnel growth, teaching, or theatre (yes, really!)
- Demonstrated record of success in your prior roles
- Strong and persuasive communication (including listening, writing, and speaking)
- An engaging presenter and facilitator
- A magnanimous personality and high emotional intelligence
- Comfortable with fully remote work, highly communicative, and able to juggle being both self-motivated for independent work and reliably collaborative to work as a team