The Maintenance Manager plans and supervises the work of the Maintenance staff and assumes supervisory responsibilities of Custodial and Horticulture staff in the absence of their Supervisors. Responsible for supervising the maintenance of all park grounds, buildings, equipment, and facilities with a special emphasis on HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, water quality and electronics. Also manages the preventive maintenance program on all building equipment, vehicles, rolling stock, paving surfaces, building exteriors and all external zoo owned properties. The Maintenance Manager serves as the liaison to contractors and external vendors that perform work for the zoo.
Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate math skills
- Ability to interpret and utilize information contained in graphs, tables, blueprints, diagrams, flowcharts and follow complex verbal and written instructions
- Ability to accurately use a variety of measuring devices
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills required to solve complex problems
- Strong knowledge of local building codes and OSHA regulations
- Excellent managerial skills to effective lead the maintenance team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends and be able to respond to an emergency after hours if necessary
The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or GED plus additional education in trade school and/or a supervisory program. We are looking for 8+ years of progressive experience in building/facilities maintenance and repair, a strong mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems. A minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in a campus-like facility is required. Additional skills and abilities include
This is a full-time, salaried position with a competitive benefits package and a starting salary commensurate with education and experience.
The Akron Zoo is a Drug-Free Workplace and an EOE.