Our mission is to train the minds and improve the hearts of young people through a classical education in the liberal arts and sciences, with instruction in the principles of moral character and civic virtue.
We are a tuition-free public charter school, privately managed with our own board of directors.
About this Role
This is a salaried, exempt position with a 10-month work schedule and standard hours of 7:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday - Friday. Salary will be set annually on a performance-based schedule. Teachers report to the Head of School.
Our teachers provide educational leadership for our scholars by understanding, demonstrating the use of, and implementing the school’s curriculum, pedagogy, and assessment methods to maximize educational achievement for all scholars. They work collaboratively to ensure a working and learning climate for all scholars that is safe, secure, and respectful.
- Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to classical education and consistently developing, fostering, and advancing these concepts in our scholars.
- Demonstrating understanding and mastery of central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure of the discipline(s) taught, and effectively transmitting this knowledge to scholars while making the subject matter meaningful.
- Engaging every scholar in grade level-appropriate learning experiences that promote intellectual and moral development.
- Developing and implementing a planning system including course, unit, and lesson plans.
- Using formal and informal assessment strategies to determine whether scholars have achieved high standards and modifying instructional strategies as needed to maximize achievement.
- Providing scholars and parents with timely data for improvement in student achievement.
- Developing and maintaining a climate and culture of openness, fairness, mutual respect, kindness, support, and inquiry.
- Maintaining a professional development plan and engaging in professional development activities.
- Listening and interacting effectively with parents, colleagues and community members while respecting diverse perspectives.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s degree from a fully accredited college or university.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a Florida teaching certificate for the level and subject area to be taught. We will provide guidance and assistance regarding the certification (licensing) process.
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Classroom management: 1 year (Required)
- Teaching: 1 year (Required)
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Jacksonville, FL 32204: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
This organization is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all individuals in all areas of recruitment, selection, placement, training, assignment, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, retention, and promotion. The board commits itself to the policy that there shall be no unlawful discrimination against any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or disability. All decisions with regard to employment shall be in compliance with applicable state and federal laws.