The Shredder Operator is responsible for monitoring the material being fed into the mill, monitoring belts for blockages, and checking fluid levels on the shredder. This position requires strong visual and verbal skills.
ABOUT HARMON SCRAP METAL
We are Harmon Scrap Metal, we recycle by processing scrap metal, and we are growing by the day. Our mission is to empower people to recycle the past to impact the future. We are intentional and disciplined in our pursuit to see every team member reach their personal, professional, and financial goals through the work we do together. Our core values, Discipline, Trust, Accountability, Alignment, and Adaptability, are the backbone of our business. They guide our hiring process and daily operations. We are transparent and results-oriented in all we do.
- Communicate with the material handler feeding the mill
- Directing team members in emergency situations, such as fires or explosions
- Follow startup procedures daily
- Regular maintenance on the shredder
- Monitor material as it goes into the mill to identify heavies and pressurized containers that cannot be processed through the mill
- Controlling the shredder and it’s belts
- Adhere to safe practices and procedures
- Perform periodical inspections of equipment to ensure it is functioning properly and identify defects or needed repairs
- Report daily in CMMS
- Ability to be aware of surroundings at all times
- Attend and participate in internal meetings and complete required training
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- QSEHRA Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- PTO Program
- Retirement Plan
- Professional Training & Development Opportunities
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
As an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce, Harmon Scrap Metal recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates, and partners.
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume! For best consideration, include the job title and source where you found this position in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: The sorting and processing of scrap metals involves using permanent magnets and electromagnets, creating magnetic fields, which can interfere with electronic medical devices like cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators.
- Ability to work as a team player with others across multiple functions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow all safety and cleaning measures that are implemented for this job
- Strong verbal communications
- Strong visual abilities
- Strong ability to follow direction to completion
- Ability to conduct routine maintenance and safety checks of all equipment that you operate
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic maintenance knowledge or ability to learn
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, reach, and squat to perform repairs and inspections
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times
- Work environment involves frequent and/or regular exposure to natural and unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises