Itential is looking for a Solutions Engineer (Presales) to join our world-class sales team focused on helping to overcome and remove all technical barriers in the sales process. As a trusted technical advisor, you will provide in-depth explanations of all features and functionalities of Itential’s products and its value proposition for enterprise customers evolving their network automation journey.
Itential’s mission is to deliver industry-leading and innovative automation products that empower organizations around the globe to modernize their network infrastructure. At the core of our success is our people, our community of unique individuals, and the culture we embody. We move fast and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers. By joining Itential, you are a part of a wildly diverse community made up of the brightest minds in the industry. Yet, despite our differences, we all share common values and goals. These values include a commitment to maintaining a healthy and productive work environment, promoting a culture of learning and continual growth, relentless curiosity for solving hard problems and never letting anyone tell us that a goal is out of reach.
We serve some of the largest enterprise, public sector, and telecommunications companies around the world and we're proud to be named to the Inc 5000 fastest growing companies three years in a row. Learn more about life at Itential here.
As the ideal Solutions Engineer candidate, you have a positive and energetic personality, you are a strong communicator both written and verbal, and you have a confident and professional demeanor. You are growth-minded, you actively seek out daily opportunities for improvement, and you are passionate about evolving yourself into the best technical sales professional you can become.
You want to be challenged while exceeding expectations, you are flexible enough to understand what worked yesterday may not work tomorrow, and you enjoy working with like-minded teammates who maintain a standard of excellence.
You have prior professional software or technical sales experience, but you have a strong interest in network technologies and automation, and you are very excited to play a central role in the scale-up strategy of an enterprise software company.
About the Role
An Itential Solutions Engineer is responsible for working closely with our world-class sales team to overcome and remove all technical barriers in the sales process. The ideal candidate is someone who brings technical experience and expertise in automation and software-defined networking concepts. You are energetic and thrive on pitching a revolutionary technology to DevOps, NetOps and Executive Leadership teams. In this role, you are the trusted technical advisor who will provide in-depth explanation of all features and functionalities of Itential’s products and its value proposition for enterprise customers evolving their network automation journey.
This position will report to the Vice President of Solutions Engineering, who expects you to be an integral part in meeting and exceeding established software sales goals while delivering the highest standard of quality and customer engagement throughout the sales process.
What You Get to Do in this Role
As a trusted technical advisor, you will:
- Support enterprise account executives during all phases of sales-cycle.
- Perform technical demonstrations of Itential software for prospective enterprise customers consisting of network engineers and managers, operations team members, and executive leadership stakeholders.
- Function as a technical advisor and Itential Subject Matter Expert (SME) to prospective and existing customers.
- Maintain strong market awareness and knowledge of competitive technologies to effectively address objections to Itential solutions.
- Educate customers, partners, and team members on value proposition and business drivers of Itential solutions.
- Author and deliver engaging presentations at high-profile industry events (e.g., conferences, webinars, podcasts, etc.).
- Research and write responses to functional and technical sections of requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposal (RFPs).
- Make recommendations on potential product improvements to the product development team according to customer feedback.
To Be Successful in this Role you Have:
- 7+ years experience in Solutions Engineering of enterprise network solutions with emphasis on cloud, data center and wireless technologies.
- Solid understanding and experience architecting and implementing wireless, multi-cloud, and hybrid-cloud networks.
- Familiarity with SDN architecture and technology.
- Expertise in virtualization, IaC, CI/CD, configuration management, and other automation technologies.
- Familiarity with a mix of cloud, data center/wireless networking, and virtualization solutions in the marketplace such as:
- Public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- SD-WAN technologies (Meraki, Velocloud, Fortinet, etc.)
- Data center technologies (Cisco ACI, VMware NSX-T, etc.)
- Network applications (F5 load balancers, Palo Alto Firewalls, NGFW, etc.)
- Automation and DevOps tools (Ansible, Terraform, GIT, etc.)
- Container technology (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, Fargate, etc.)
- Hands on experience with integration technologies (APIs) such as REST API, RESTCONF, Netconf, gRPC, SOAP, etc.
- Solid understanding of modeling languages such as JSON, YANG, YAML, and XML.
- Ability to creatively explain complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with focus on needs analysis, positioning, business justification, and closing techniques.
- Excellent presentation skills across broad audiences.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with eagerness to continuously research and learn about new networking concepts and technologies.
- Biased toward action.
- (Per CDC Guidelines) Willingness to travel up to 50%, with ability to work remotely.