Itential is looking for a Service Provider Account Executive to join our world-class revenue team focused on net-new logo acquisition and expanding existing accounts for the largest, most complex Service Providers in the world. You will demonstrate Itential’s leadership and experience in the market, while differentiating ourselves with a unique business value and technical solution.
Itential’s mission is to deliver industry-leading and innovative automation products that empower organizations around the globe to modernize their network infrastructure. At the core of our success is our people, our community of unique individuals, and the culture we embody. We move fast and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers. By joining Itential, you are a part of a wildly diverse community made up of the brightest minds in the industry that all share common values and goals. These values include a commitment to maintaining a healthy and productive work environment, promoting a culture of learning and continual growth, relentless curiosity for solving hard problems, and the perseverance to achieve our goals.
We serve some of the largest enterprise, public sector, and service provider companies around the world and we're proud to be named to the Inc 5000 fastest growing companies three years in a row. Learn more about life at Itential by being introduced to “Committee Week” (which embodies our open, collaborative and bring-the-best-ideas approach) here.
As the ideal Service Provider Account Executive candidate, you have a positive and energetic personality, you are a strong communicator both written and verbal, and you have a confident and professional demeanor. You are growth-minded, you have a deep understanding of what it takes to enter a new organization and leverage a strong team around you. Your goals are to earn the team’s trust through self-motivation, learning at a high-pace, and engaging with customers and prospects on many levels.
You want to be challenged while exceeding expectations, always seeking to develop and grow new relationships within existing accounts or pursuing new logo business that will result in revenue.
You have prior professional software sales experience, but you have a strong interest in network technologies and automation, and you are very excited to play a central role in the scale-up strategy of an enterprise software company.
About the Role
The role of an Account Executive has evolved rapidly in today’s changing environment, with a much stronger connection between Marketing, RevOps, and Sales all partnering to grow revenue. Itential has fully embraced the concept of a Revenue Team and is seeking candidates with the specific set of skills required to be an effective Account Executive within the Revenue Team for the largest, most complex Service Providers in the world.
The modern buyer does more than two-thirds of their research before engaging with a salesperson and makes conclusions about the market offerings without speaking with many of the vendors who have relevant solutions. When we engage, our purpose is to educate buyers on the marketplace, offer insights, earn trust, and guide them along the buyer journey. When we prospect new and expand within existing accounts, we demonstrate our leadership and experience while differentiating ourselves with a unique business value and technical solution.
The AE will work with LDRs, Marketing, RevOps, AE peers, SEs, Client Partner Executives, and the VP to execute at the point of attack. We have built the foundation for your success; this role requires you to land firmly within the team, focus on learning the problems we solve and the impact to our customers, and take action to be successful!
What You Get to Do in this Role
The Service Provider Account Executive is responsible for exceeding software revenue quota through net-new logo acquisition and expanding existing accounts. You will be expected to engage directly with targeted accounts and will partner with the Business Development team as part of converting intent-based opportunities, preparing and executing sales meetings with your Sales Engineering team, and executing on daily tasks in a highly effective manner.
- Define and execute sales plans for an assigned segment or account list to exceed software sales goals through prospecting, qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities.
- Create a healthy sales pipeline and manage each opportunity through the defined sales process.
- Partner with Marketing and collaborate on executing an Account Based Marketing strategy.
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including sales engineering, client-partner execs, architects, sales leaders, and customer success to effectively execute Itential’s sales process.
- Participate in team building and company-growth activities, including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts, and customer success.
- Create, develop, and maintain executive-level relationships across your accounts that lead to optimal business relationships.
- Perform regular customer/market/product/competitive analyses that enable you to effectively meet account objectives and strategies.
- Negotiate and present account proposals/contracts, gaining internal alignment and approvals within cross-functional partners (finance, legal, RevOps, etc.).
- Drive sales campaigns across a complex, matrixed sales organization.
- Lead and execute joint business planning with customers and regular planning activities to meet sales objectives.
- Help drive account scorecard improvements, identify adoption/expansion opportunities, and secure software renewals.
- Manage and track customer accounts, opportunities, and renewal information in Salesforce.
- Utilize additional tech stack tools at a proficient level: Salesloft, Amazon Quicksight, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, and 6sense.
To Be Successful in this Role you Have
- 5+ years of software sales experience focused on new logo acquisition, account expansion, and SaaS offerings.
- Track record of delivering revenue and valuable customer relationships that have shaped your success in previous roles.
- An ambitious, goal-oriented, and customer-focused mindset.
- A basic understanding of Service Provider network, cloud, and ITSM technologies.
- Working knowledge of service provider processes such as technology evaluation, budgeting, financial modeling, supply chain, and contract negotiation.
- Demonstrable communication and presentation skills with strong business acumen.
- Experience in territory/business planning, tactical execution, and proven selling strategies within complex account organizations.
- A growth mindset, consistently working to improve your skills and adapt in a constantly changing environment.
- Humble confidence with a bias towards action.
- The ability to differentiate Itential to our customers.