The Production Manager oversees the daily operations of the production department and its employees, ensuring the work is done on time and on budget with safety, quality, and efficiency, all while meeting team goals and providing remarkable customer experiences. This position is exempt under the FLSA and reports to the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Lead, Manage, Accountability (LMA)
- Cascades the company’s vision and provides clear direction.
- Removes barriers so that the company’s vision is achievable.
- Recruits, selects, onboards, and trains employees.
- Provides expectations and holds employees accountable to meeting these expectations.
- Manages employees’ performance, conducts performance reviews, and partners with HR on other performance decisions.
- Creates/provides opportunities for employees’ growth and development.
- Collaborates with leadership to develop the production department’s annual goals and plan for completing those goals.
- Makes adjustments as necessary, ensuring the production department is consistently rowing in the same direction.
- Takes necessary action when goals are not being met.
- Celebrates with the team when goals are met.
Ensures the production team meets their goals with respect to:
- Project completion
- Safe practices
- Planned installed volume
- Installation quality
- Direct labor percentage goal
- Collected revenue upon project completion
- Remarkable customer experiences
- Ensures company vehicles, trailers, equipment, tools, and other assets are cared for and are in good working order.
- Ensures the company always has the proper number and type of vehicles, trailers, equipment, tools, and other assets needed to complete installations.
- Ensures the production team provides a remarkable experience to customers.
- Communicates with customers in a timely manner to overcome obstacles/problems on jobs and reach an acceptable solution.
- As necessary, escalates customer issues to the team to find a timely solution.
Purpose, Mission, and Values
- Lives out the company’s purpose, mission, and values.
Production Field Supervisor
- Proven ability to motivate, guide, and direct a team to reach and exceed business goals
- Knowledge of construction or related trades and construction management.
- Skill in operating a personal computer, cell phone, programs, and apps.
- Ability to detect/recognize information in written materials and on screen roughly 50% of the time.
- Ability to understand, communicate, read, and write in English.
- Ability to understand and converse in Spanish is a plus.
- Skill in verbal and written communication and strong presentation skills.
- Skill in and ability to operate equipment and/or power tools preferred.
- Ability to lift or move up to 100 lb.
- Ability to move about and move to/from and work from the floor level or in crawl spaces.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in construction or business preferred and 2+ years of experience as a foreman/manager in the construction trades OR a combination of education and experience that illustrates a proven track record in this field
- A valid driver’s license, a safe driving record, and the ability to drive for the company.