We are HALO! We build brand engagement for our over 60,000 clients globally and lead our $25B industry through the dedication of over 2,000 team members across the United States.
HALO seeks a Vice President, Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) to join its newly formed Business Transformation Office (BTO). As HALO’s EPMO leader, you will establish and mature the function and own its success to deliver measurable business outcomes and value. You will lead and align people, process, and technology to deliver holistic and well-managed change. In this critical, high impact role, you will be the link and catalyst to bring HALO’s strategic execution to life through the effective planning and delivery of HALO’s strategic priorities and transformation portfolio. The successful candidate will bring a combination of experience in large-scale, enterprise-wide change and transformation delivery, PMO leadership, and project and program management, coupled with a pragmatic, hands-on approach to drive forward progress in the project portfolio, mitigate execution risk, and deliver results.
This position can be based anywhere within the US, although ideally located in the Chicagoland area.
- Lead the Enterprise Project Management Office and team to ensure quality planning and delivery of strategic initiatives and transformation roadmap, including execution readiness, clarity and confidence
- Provide hands-on leadership and guidance to drive effective and timely initiation and execution of projects, building trusted relationships with stakeholders, leaders, and team members to understand true execution progress and surface issues
- Develop integrated approach to planning and delivery on projects to drive holistic and end-to-end approach to change and transformation delivery inclusive of project, software delivery/agile, change management, and business process competencies
- Drive effective portfolio, project, and resource management practices, instilling discipline and rigor while maintaining practical, pragmatic, and results-driven orientation
- Define key metrics and performance indicators to track project and portfolio planning and delivery progress and success; establish reporting and ongoing cadence/visibility
- Engage regularly with project teams and all levels of leadership on strategy delivery and project portfolio performance
- Establish and lead project portfolio governance, ensuring high quality planning and delivery, identification and mitigation of risk and issues, financial stewardship
- Develop and mature people, process, and technology (e.g., new tools, practices, standards) to enable more consistent and reliable planning and delivery
- Partner, and operate in alignment with Finance throughout the lifecycle in areas such as business case definition and update, cost-benefit analyses, project portfolio performance and financial reporting, annual planning and budgeting processes, benefits and value realization
- Leverage and maximize use of enterprise platform to enable and improve project portfolio lifecycle effectiveness and efficiency in areas such as intake, demand management, and reporting
- Help to cultivate a culture of end-to-end mindset, continuous improvement, creativity and innovation
- Lead and work across multi-disciplined teams to deliver multi-faceted solutions
- Instill best practices and processes to improve project management competency and develop staff
- Supervise and lead EPMO team, fostering career growth and creating a great place to work; responsible for controlling, directing, and developing multiple projects at once
- Manage, mentor, and direct employee career development; set performance objectives and goals, provide feedback and coaching
- Instill a culture where employees develop greater business acumen and focus on business value delivery
- Demonstrate courage and willingness to anticipate and drive positive change
- Operate as a change leader and change agent; mentor and coach team members and staff
- Take initiative to understand, learn, and support HALO’s businesses and drive to win
- Bachelor’s degree with 15+ years of expert-level program, project and change management in a variety of methodologies, leading enterprise, cross-functional end-to-end process redesign, transformation, and improvement initiatives, with varied methodologies and a history of successful transformations
- 5+ years of experience in project management office leadership, consulting, and management and development of PM competency and talent
- Ability to engage with senior leaders and executive team and clearly communicate strategy and status of the work managed within the project management office and business transformation office
- Advanced knowledge in strategic solution delivery models to ensure products and/or services continue to innovate and to drive continuous improvement
- Exceptional verbal/written communication, detail and action orientation, collaboration, negotiation, facilitation and influencing skills to lead an environment driven by client service and teamwork
- Ability to direct, motivate and empower others to work towards the organization’s goals, ensuring efficient allocation of resources across multiple functions
- Strategic communicator: able to simplify the complex with proven experience presenting to top level executives
- Analytical skills: to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving workforce and consumer experiences
Additional Preferred Skills
- Master’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Promotional products industry experience
- ERP experience, with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of order-to-cash processes
- Professional certifications in project and program management, change management, and business process reengineering (e.g., PMP, CAPM, CSM, CCMP, Prosci, ADKAR, DMAIC, Lean Six Sigma, continuous improvement)
More about HALO
HALO is the global leader in branded merchandise, uniform programs, and recognition and incentive solutions. We partner with our clients to break through the clutter of our media saturated world and connect their brands to customers, employees and other audiences critical to their success. As a team member you can expect a positive culture of ingenuity, inclusion, and relentless determination.
We also offer:
- Career Advancement: At HALO, we love promoting from within. Internal promotions is the key to our exponential growth in the last few years. With so many industry leaders at HALO, you'll have the opportunity to accelerate your career by learning from their experience, insights, and skills and gain access to HALO's influential global network, leadership experiences, and diverse thinking.
- Culture: We love working here and know that you will too. You can expect a positive culture of ingenuity, inclusion, and relentless determination. We push the limits of possibilities and imagination by staying curious, humble, and provocative in order to break through yesterday's limit. Diversity is the source of our creativity and we thrive when each of contributes to an inclusive culture of respect, dignity, and equity mindset in everything we do. We keep our promise for excellence with an unrelenting commitment to achieving results and supporting one another to stay accountable, transparent, and dependable.
- Recognition: You're going to succeed here, and you can count on us to celebrate your wins. Colleagues across the company will join in recognizing your big milestones and nominate you for awards. Over time, you'll earn so much recognition that you can convert into gift cards, trips, concerts, and merchandise at your favorite brands.
- Flexibility: Most roles offer hybrid work. In addition, we pride ourselves on flexible schedules that help you find a balance between professional and personal demands. We believe that supporting our customers is the priority and trust that you and your manager will find a schedule to achieve that priority.
- Work with your favorite brands: HALO clients include over 100 of the Fortune 500 as well as thousands of mid and small-size organizations. You'll be on teams that are focused on the future of our industry and bringing our customers fresh ideas that are first-in-the-world.
- Stay well at HALO: At HALO, we have benefits that support all parts of your life and to find a work-life balance custom to you. We offer easily accessible mental healthcare for you and your family. HALO has multiple programs to help with life’s challenges. Our program focuses on behavioral health coaching, therapy and psychiatry, personalized skill development, and providing access to care for your dependents. In addition, we offer nation-wide coverage Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance, and additional Voluntary Benefits. Prepare your financial future with our 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Health Savings Accounts (HSA), and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
HALO is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We insist on an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Inclusion is a core value at HALO and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.
HALO is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Careers page.