The before and after care program counselor will assist the before and after care coordinator in facilitating recreational, educational, and/or enrichment activities that extend the school day. This will be an hourly, non-exempt part-time position with a 10-month work schedule and a split shift. The before and after care program counselor will report to the before and after care coordinator.
The before and after care counselor’s essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist in the facilitation of activities and implementation of curriculum and the weekly plan developed by the program coordinator.
- Ensure the safety and security of children enrolled.
- Follow designated schedule and curriculum plan for each day.
- Assist with homework completion.
- Monitor children during the program, helping with facilitation, transitions, snacks, and activity supervision.
- Advise the program coordinator as to what supplies, materials, and other forms of support are needed for activities.
- Assist with the planning and facilitation of special projects and events.
- Comply with all required policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- 18+ years old or older
- Experience working with school-age children preferred.
- Desire to work with children. Can work equally well with both children and adults.
- Act as a positive role model.
- Possess the following qualities: outgoing, personable, reliable, dedicated, enthusiastic, patient, and caring.
- Ability to be flexible and responsible.
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others.
- Ability to demonstrate, uphold, and promote in daily interactions a commitment to the school’s mission and vision, and the moral character and civic virtue the school embodies.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer. The organization is committed to providing equal opportunity for all individuals in all areas of recruitment, selection, placement, training, assignment, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, retention, and promotion. The board commits itself to the policy that there shall be no unlawful discrimination against any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or disability. All decisions with regard to employment shall be in compliance with applicable state and federal laws.