- Software engineer responsible for developing, programming and debugging LabVIEW/TestStand codes to facilitate automation of different test equipment hosted on in-house test racks for product acceptance testing.
- Understand hardware communications protocols and physical interfaces such as RS232/485, I2C, F4 Process Controller, UART, USB and Ethernet.
- Develop test software for product testing using LabVIEW and/or Python/C.
- Develop software routines and test interfaces for Wenzel products.
- Produce test and validation procedures and documentation.
- Develop drivers for test equipment such as network analyzer and code tests used to validate hardware / software handshaking
- Maintain, upgrade, and replace legacy hardware/software (test jigs, test rack sub-system modules).
- Support development activities and generate software design documentation to properly document software architecture and test methods.
- Conduct and participate in design specification reviews and code reviews.
- Generally adhere to formal documentation practices required for Wenzel products.
- Work with other engineering, manufacturing and quality disciplines as part of an engineering organization providing support with acceptance testing, design tools
- Experience in automating test software and systems using LabVIEW/TestStand, Python (and/or C/C++) on Windows environment
- Prepare software documentation, test procedures, instruction manuals, and related information.
- Train operators in the use of custom test equipment.
- Generate associated documentation such as operating instructions for test systems.
- Experience in data acquisition, automated test and using fundamental RF test equipment
- Assist in software/hardware troubleshooting and calibration efforts
- Ability to manage overlapping project schedules
BSEE or BS in Computer Science.
1-3 years’ experience in Software/Test Development.
Software: Programming in LabVIEW and thorough understanding of LabVIEW GOOP and Actor Framework. Experience with Source Control Tools such as SVN and Git
Computer: Microsoft Office Suite, and other software such as MATLAB, Atlassian Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket.
Test: Familiarity with test instrumentation using NI LabVIEW/TestStand, Keysight Connection Expert.
Digital design skills: Design and simulation of digital logic systems. Experience in debug and analysis of complex logic is a plus.
Analog design skills: Familiarity with linear electronic circuit designs is a plus.
Hardware: Experience in RF test and measurements.
Good organizational, presentation and writing skills.
Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
Knowledge of data analysis and critical thinking to draw conclusions from captured data
Technical Capacity Communication Proficiency
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Corrective lens eyewear to achieve the necessary vision is acceptable.