Members of the Engineering department. Collaborates with Product department
Mission & Vision
We transform how vehicle sellers engage, educate, and interact with shoppers across the entire customer journey, by harnessing the power of digital technology and data. We deliver the world’s most engaging customer experiences for vehicle sellers of every type and size, making it easy for shoppers across the world to find their ideal vehicle.
Our talented and experienced platform and data team is seeking data engineers. You’ll work with a lead engineer and a senior product manager to build pipelines, data lakes and analytics engines to ingest, store and query terabytes of data from multiple sources. As one of the company's first full-time data engineers, you’ll have significant input into system architecture, as well as writing code and configuring infrastructure. Our modern technology stack includes Python, AWS, and a wide variety of cloud services.
Relationships – We are dedicated to transparency, open communication and building trust that lasts beyond a transaction.
Grit – We approach every activity and opportunity with tenacity and tireless execution.
Results – We achieve success for our partners and take personal accountability for everything we do.
Energy – We never settle, we constantly seek out new ideas with ambition and enthusiasm.
Inventiveness – We lead with curiosity, which drives us towards continuous learning and innovation.
Passion – We share an entrepreneurial spirit that inspires us to go above and beyond everything we do.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Hands-on experience with AWS, ideally including Athena, Glue and Redshift
- Proficiency with Python
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience with PySpark or a similar language/package such as R or Scala
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., DynamoDB, MongoDB)
- Familiarity with data pipeline setup, management, and monitoring
- Familiarity with dimensional modeling (concepts like SCD, snapshot, facts vs dimension)
- Familiarity with tuning large batch jobs and complex queries
- Familiarity with converting JSON, clickstream, and NoSQL data to structured relational formats
- Comfortable with the Linux command line and Git
- Comfortable working independently on small teams.
- Maintains confidentiality of work-related issues, records, and company information.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity, and inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating change.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or a related field
- At least one prior position or internship in data engineering, data science or analytics