Sales, Product, CS, Marketing and G&A Departments
Mission & Vision
We transform how vehicle sellers engage, educate, and interact with shoppers across the entire customer journey, by harnessing the power of digital technology and data. We deliver the world’s most engaging customer experiences for vehicle sellers of every type and size.
The Vice President Sales - SMB is an essential role at Impel that reports directly to the CEO. This role will lead the SMB team and develop an aggressive sales strategy and scale our team. The VP Sales – SMB is someone who is excited by the challenge of scaling Impel, the market leader in the Automotive Industry into new markets. This position is part of the management and includes a competitive base salary, with unlimited variable compensation.
Relationships – We are dedicated to transparency, open communication and building trust that lasts beyond a transaction.
Grit – We approach every activity and opportunity with tenacity and tireless execution.
Results – We achieve success for our partners and take personal accountability for everything we do.
Energy – We never settle, we constantly seek out new ideas with ambition and enthusiasm.
Inventiveness – We lead with curiosity, which drives us towards continuous learning and innovation.
Passion – We share an entrepreneurial spirit that inspires us to go above and beyond everything we do.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Build and lead a high-performing team that continually executes against a well-defined sales process
- Creates a culture of winning and continuous improvement by attracting, recruiting, training, and mentoring sales talent
- Develops and implements a sales strategy to exceed revenue targets and expand our growing customer base
- Develop and implement a proven sales methodology
- Collaborate with Product, Customer Success, and Marketing to identify actionable strategies and initiatives that enable accelerated revenue expansion
- Optimizing how to work best with Demand Gen and Marketing
- Maintain team accountability and define clear performance expectations through effective pipeline management, attentive people management and accurate forecasting
- Deep experience building and scaling sales teams, preferably within SaaS across large and small customers in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with managing all aspects of the sales lifecycle
- Experience selling a category-creating product in a hyper-growth environment
- An enthusiastic and positive leader with a proven track record in building and motivating teams
- Experience with building high-performance teams in a hyper-growth SaaS Company
- Hands-on experience in sales process design and iteration
- You are a relentless leader in your pursuit of excellence
- While you come with an abundance of experience, you look for constructive feedback with our partner ecosystem and employees of all skill levels
- Maintains confidentiality of work-related issues, records, and company information.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity, and inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating change.
7+ years of experience selling software with a proven track record of optimizing sales. 5 years of prior leadership experience managing sales teams with software, ideally SaaS-based organizations. Automotive experience is a huge plus! Strong verbal and written skills, and a willingness to travel 40% or as needed.