*The Marketing Manager will primarily report to the Three Oaks, MI office but will also spend time on-site at our Valparaiso, IN location in the role.
Are you a sharer of visions, capable of grasping intangible concepts, manifesting them into marketable content, and leading a team of creative individuals in doing so? Eager to get in on the ground floor with a unique and expanding organization where the sky is the limit on opportunity?
The Marketing Manager at Journeyman Distillery is the orchestrator of all efforts to reach and engage both prospective customers and loyalists alike. From our award-winning craft spirits, to our inviting Staymaker restaurant, to our highly sought-after events spaces, we have a lot of stories to tell and we're always busy writing the next chapters. The Marketing Manger will be a strong leader with excellent organizational skills and the ability to adapt to ever-growing objectives.
All team members must uphold and embody Journeyman’s Core Values.
- No challenge is too great.
- Goals worth pursuing are never easy and perseverance and determination are essential to success.
- There is no substitute for time and effort and good things will come from those efforts.
ALWAYS A JOURNEYMAN
- The pursuit of excellence is lifelong and mastery is an illusion.
- Joy is in the daily work and the pursuit of excellence, not a final destination.
- A focus on continual improvement and doing our best.
- Treat every customer with the mindset that they are the business’ first-ever customer.
- Treat customers with authenticity, kindness, warmth, care, and friendliness. Be engaging, helpful, and willing to offer a magical experience.
- Be available and provide timely responses in all capacities.
- Extend this mindset to our vendors, suppliers, partners, and especially our fellow employees, never taking any of them for granted.
- Take pride and ownership in your work.
- Engage and actively participate in your work and company activities.
- Be a positive force in the workplace, creating a culture of positivity.
- Extend common courtesy to yourself, employees, and guests.
- Evangelize and promote the company and brand.
At Journeyman Distillery, we believe hard work and dedication deserve to be rewarded. To that end, we provide a comprehensive benefits and incentives package.
Here’s a peek at what you will receive as a Journeyman employee:
- Outstanding Growth Opportunity!
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Employer Match available Day 1
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Supplemental Insurance Options
- Free Monthly Bottle of Spirit (21+)
- Loyalty Incentives (ask about our 5-Year Bottle Reward!)
- 25% Employee Discount
- Monthly Employee Tour with Owner/Founder, Bill Welter
- Annual Employee Putting Competition
- 3 Annual Employee Parties
- Orchestrate, oversee, and manage the hiring, training, development, evaluation, and hold accountable, all internal Marketing personnel, including interns.
- Work with Brand Manager and Sales Manager on strategic and operating plans and marketing strategies that ensure the company’s sales and outside marketing goals are met.
- Responsible for promotion of the brand business units: spirits products, distillery, putting green, restaurant, in-house and off-premise events, retail, food & beverage, rental properties, and other marketable assets, using the most cost effective and proven methods.
- Responsible for the metrics, strategy, budgets and implementation of marketing campaigns including print, online, social, in store and on-property applications.
- Excellent working knowledge of current methods, but on the pulse of trends and new tactics.
- Analyze customer demographics, target audiences and market trends and present analytic reports to management team.
- Responsible for development of content aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets.
- Collaborate with entire internal management team, Brand Manager, and sales management to develop and market content in various forms (social media, billboards, podcasts, emails, press releases, short articles, newsletters, and other platforms such as YouTube)
- Work with and oversee Marketing personnel on the creation, execution, and delivery of any marketing materials, including, but not limited to, presentations, digital campaigns, promotional events, in-house signage, newsletters, rack cards, displays, brochures, shelf talkers, tag lines, logos, bottle and label design, and any other trade materials.
- Responsible for the content, writing and direction of comprehensive project and program marketing briefs.
- Ability to manage and execute maintenance of the company website for accuracy, content, and current marketing initiatives.
- Provide materials to vendors and news outlets, as well as entire staff, to promote events to internal and external audiences.
- Streamline communications and respond to customer inquiries when necessary.
- Undertake any administrative tasks to ensure the department’s activities are fully functional. (some data entry may be required)
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of prospective and existing customer e-mail databases.
- Responsible for creation, implementation, and management of all e-mail and social media pages and marketing campaigns, including content development.
- Responsible for generating metric reports of effectiveness, results and corresponding budget allocations.
- Communicate with all local trade associations and networking groups, event calendars that Journeyman Distillery has memberships (i.e., local chambers). Stay current on all relevant information coming from such organizations and pass along business and networking opportunities that surface from these organizations.
- Perform any other tasks requested by management, the company, or the owner.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL SKILLS:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to use logical or rational thinking to solve problems.
- Attention to detail and working knowledge of managing to an approved budget.
- Ability to perform light physical work; may be required to lift up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, up to ten pounds frequently and up to five pounds constantly, performing such activities as bending stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping for up to five hours without sitting.
REQUIRED WORK HABITS:
- Work habits include regular attendance, teamwork, initiative, dependability, and promptness.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include some weekend days.
EDUCATIONAL, DEVELOPMENT AND WORK-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Five years of Marketing Management experience required; B.A. in Marketing, Business or relevant field is preferred. Industry experience in beverage distribution or hospitality is preferred, but not required.
- Exquisite communication and people skills.
- Proven experience in team building and management
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach.
- Working knowledge of market research techniques and databases.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft and Adobe software, marketing computer software and online applications.
- Proficient in Word, Power Point, Outlook, Excel and Teams.
- Proven experience managing effective social media content.
- General knowledge of photography and video design and production is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of general business administration practices and procedures.