The Picker is a crucial member of operations responsible for identifying and sorting through metal, ensuring any unwanted material or debris is eliminated from the finished product. This position will also assist with Shredder maintenance and perform general labor tasks throughout the yard as needed.
ABOUT HARMON SCRAP METAL
We are Harmon Scrap Metal, we recycle by processing scrap metal, and we are growing by the day. Our mission is to empower people to recycle the past to impact the future. We are intentional and disciplined in our pursuit to see every team member reach their personal, professional, and financial goals through the work we do together. Our core values, Discipline, Trust, Accountability, Alignment, and Adaptability, are the backbone of our business. They guide our hiring process and daily operations. We are transparent and results-oriented in all we do.
- Sort through various grades of metal and other materials/debris, separating ferrous and non-ferrous metal from other debris
- Maintain a clean work station and surrounding areas
- General labor duties that may include but, not limited to sweeping, shoveling, general clean-up, and maintenance of any area and/or equipment throughout the yard
- Attend and participate in internal meetings and complete required training
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Ability to work as a team player with others across multiple functions
- Strong Attention to detail
- Strong hand/eye coordination
- Ability to follow all safety and cleaning measures that are implemented for this job
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
As an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce, Harmon Scrap Metal recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates, and partners.
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume! For best consideration, include the job title and source where you found this position in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The sorting and processing of scrap metals involves using permanent magnets and electromagnets, creating magnetic fields, which can interfere with electronic medical devices like cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school education/GED
- Knowledge of Ferrous and Non-Ferrous metals, preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- 1 year experience in a scrap yard, preferred
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods on uneven surfaces
- Ability to lift, carry, push, or pull a minimum of 80 pounds
- Work environment involves frequent and/or regular exposure to natural and unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises
- QSEHRA Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- PTO Program
- Retirement Plan
- Professional Training & Development Opportunities