You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the world. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
We are excited to introduce a skill-based pay program for our Maintenance Departments this year! This compensation program allows our Full-Time Maintenance Team to increase their rate of pay by developing their knowledge and skills at our parks through the completion of certifications and cross-training in other departments.
The Essential Functions of the Paint Shop Painter are as follows:
Safety and Environmental Performance
· Lead the safety effort by personal example
· Adhere to SOPs and other work procedures as required to assist employees and assure Guest satisfaction
· Use and maintain Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s equipment and property in the appropriate manner
· Always follow instructions of posted safety signs and warnings to ensure your personal well-being
· Immediately report all injuries to your direct supervisor, management on duty, or the Full-Time Safety Team
· “Safety First” is not just a slogan – it must be our #1 priority!
· Assist in painting buildings, structures, pools, slides, fences, parking lots, and attractions, etc.
· Assist in painting tasks in a safe manner with a team
· Prepare surfaces for painting using hand tools, power wash equipment, and sand-blasting equipment etc.
· Wash, wax, upholster rides and attractions
· Repair fiberglass ride vehicles and slides and repair upholstery
· Work with hand tools to disassemble and reassemble parts
· Repair tears and holes in waterpark vinyl boats
· Repair water slides by caulking seams to ensure leaks are repaired
· Work with solvents, paints, cleaners, wax, glue and cement, and fiberglass
· Mix paint to match existing colors and to meet color specifications
· Spray paint rides using spray booth equipment
· Use artistic talent to hand paint specialty items
· Work with the graphic artist to create, build, and paint signs
· Maintain paint color records
· Perform housekeeping tasks to keep the Paint Shop clean
· During the operating season, perform inspections of rides and attractions
· Prepare written ride inspection reports
· Measure and stripe parking lot spots
· Use hand tools and power tools to repair rides
· Utilize carpentry tools to build wooden coaster seats
· Utilize auto-body painting techniques to complete work on rides and park vehicles
· Install lights and sensors on fiberglass attractions
· Attend and participate at training seminars offered by the company, if needed
· Work safely and comply with all safety regulations
· Other duties as assigned
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari offers competitive wages and benefits, including a generous 401(k) match, bonus program, PTO accrual program, tuition discounts and reimbursements, free season passes and tickets, and much more!
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
For the safety of our Guests and our staff, Holiday World & Splashin' Safari conducts background checks on all applicants aged 18 or older and we follow all federal and state laws, FCRA regulations and EEOC guidance regarding the use of criminal records in the hiring process. Unless otherwise provided by law, a criminal record will not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee from employment.
- High school diploma or GED; Associate degree in related field preferred
- Industrial or commercial painting experience is preferred
- Spray booth painting experience preferred
- Ability to use hand tools and hand power tools
- Artistic paint skills for hand painting applications
- Ability to properly use a respirator and pass a full-face respirator fit test
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to wear PPE
- Dependable attendance record
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work full-time and weekends
- Acceptable pre-employment drug screen, and background check
- Ability to work full-time and weekends