- Hourly, non-exempt
- New hires can expect to be placed on our starting wage scale of $24.42 to $28.85 per hour
- Based on performance, there is room to grow on our full wage scale of $24.42 to $33.22 per hour
- Full time, 40 hours
Who We Are
Unity Care NW is a private, non-profit, federally qualified health center (FQHC) that has been proudly and successfully serving the greater Whatcom County area since 1982. With clinics located in Bellingham & Ferndale, we offer comprehensive primary medical, behavioral health and dental care, as well as pharmacy services to a diverse and often underserved patient population of all ages. Employing almost 300 caring and compassionate employees, our mission is to increase the years of healthy life in the people & communities we serve.
What We Value
We have an inclusive culture and strive to demonstrate our Values in Action in all that we do. We value each individual on our team and aim to onboard a diverse workforce of the very best talent, whose ambitions and values align with ours.
Our Certified Coders are responsible for assigning codes to diagnoses and procedures, using ICD (International Classification of Diseases) and CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) codes. UCNW manages patient care using a team-based approach in our interactions with patients and working to achieve stated objectives and outcomes.
What We Offer
- A friendly & collaborative team environment
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with employer match
- 6 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (108 hours first year, increasing thereafter)
- Paid Sick Leave
- Other paid leaves including: Bereavement, Jury Duty, Bone Marrow & Organ Transplant & Severe Weather Pay
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Optional insurances including: Supplementary Life/AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Travel & Identity Theft Protection
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Transportation Incentives
- Health Living reimbursements
- Medical Hardship payroll loans, Employee Referral Bonuses, Will preparation services & gym discounts
- Employment counts towards eligibility for Public Student Loan Forgiveness - details can be found at Federal Student Aid.
Professional and Technical Knowledge:
- Possesses a basic level of written and verbal communications skills, computational and computer skills and mathematical knowledge at a level typically acquired through completion of a general studies high school program.
- Possesses knowledge and training in the field of Billing, Coding, Medical Reception, Collections, etc., typically acquired through a formal Associates degree or through a trade school program.
- Must possess additional expertise in the field of Billing, Coding, Medical Reception, Collections, etc., acquired through practice or exposure to various conditions, beyond the formal knowledge (or on the job training), allowing employees to perform more advanced techniques.
Licensing and Certification:
Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification required.
- Keyboarding speed of 55 wpm and data entry skills.
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook
- Must have depth of knowledge sufficient to act as a “super-user” for the health center's EMR system, in addition to basic functions.
- Possesses ability to effectively communicate not only facts or the results of analysis, but the employees’ opinions and extrapolations of information they collect and synthesize/analyze.
- Able to exercise tact and diplomacy in the resolution of mild conflicts or disagreements that occur on the job that would be considered at a level of basic “customer service.”
- Prepares results of research and analysis, including the use of tables, charts, graphs, and other visual forms.
- Effectively communicates information during informal and formal verbal interactions.
- Ability to communicate bilingually in Spanish, a plus.
If you would like to commit to a team such as this, and feel you could help us in our efforts, please apply. We would love to hear from you! To apply, visit our Careers Page: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/01ab991b-8943-482a-9a66-9faa7b131dec/Unity-Care-NW . For news on our organization & future job postings, please follow us on LinkedIn at https://bit.ly/363mfhv!
Unity Care NW has an Employee Health Program for the safety of our patients and staff. The program requires all employees to receive annual flu immunizations. UCNW also requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a vital public health measure that has truly been life-saving. We are proud of the leadership role we have played in protecting our community from this devastating virus. Following CDC and state guidelines, we have granted a very limited number of exemptions for employees who qualify.