- Exempt, Salaried
- New hires can expect to be placed on our starting wage scale of $144,900 to $181,100 per year
- Based on performance, there is room to grow on our full wage scale of $144,900 to $217,400 per year
- This role may earn additional pay for regularly working Saturdays &/or working additional patient contact hours
Work Schedule: Four 10-hour days, no weekends
Who We Are
Unity Care NW is a private, non-profit, federally qualified health center (FQHC) that has been proudly and successfully serving the greater Whatcom County area since 1982. With clinics located in Bellingham & Ferndale, we offer comprehensive primary medical, behavioral health and dental care, as well as pharmacy services to a diverse and often underserved patient population of all ages. Employing almost 300 caring and compassionate employees, our mission is to increase the years of healthy life in the people & communities we serve.
What We Value
We have an inclusive culture and strive to demonstrate our Values in Action in all that we do. We value each individual on our team and aim to onboard a diverse workforce of the very best talent, whose ambitions and values align with ours.
As a General Dentist, you would provide quality dental care for adults and children at our North Whatcom Health Center in Ferndale, WA.
What We Offer
- A salaried position in a collegial work environment without the overhead and cost of running your own private practice
- A friendly and collaborative team environment
- A robust orientation followed by a ramp up period
- Fully implemented EHR system (Dentrix with eRX)
- A competitive compensation package
Generous benefits including:
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- 6 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off of (160 hours accrued in first year increasing thereafter)
- Other paid leaves for Bereavement, Jury Duty, Bone Marrow/Organ Donation & Severe Weather Pay
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Optional insurances including Supplementary Life/AD&D, Short Term & Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Travel and Identity Theft Protection
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative transportation incentives
- Healthy Living reimbursements
- Reimbursement of DEA renewal fees
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Unique programs including Medical Hardship Payroll Loans, Employee Referral Bonuses, Will preparation services & gym discounts
- Employment that counts towards eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness – details can be viewed at Federal Student Aid
- Eligible providers may apply for loan repayment through the National Health Service Corps, Washington Student Achievement Council &/or Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program
- Continuing Education & reimbursement of renewal fees for roles with a WA State license
- Possess a DDS or DMD degree
- Hold a current Washington State dentist license and DEA registration (or be eligible to obtain these)
- Have experience & proficiency as a general dentist treating adults & children, preferably in a community health or public health setting
- Be reliable & team-oriented with a collaborative approach to practice
- Have the ability to use Electronic Dental Records, specifically Dentrix & eRX
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook
- Be able to understand and respond effectively and with sensitivity to children and special populations served by UCNW - special populations include those defined by race, ethnicity, language, age, sex, sexual orientation, economic standing, disability, migrant and seasonal workers, experiencing homeless and others.
Set amidst lush farmland on the Nooksack River with a commanding view of Mount Baker, Ferndale’s 15,000+ residents pride themselves on their relaxed, small-town friendliness and affordable quality of life. Ferndale’s convenient location in Whatcom County on the I-5 corridor is just 15 minutes away from our main site in beautiful downtown Bellingham, a popular university & retirement community of 90,000+ nestled on Bellingham Bay at the foot of the Cascade Mountains. Just a short distance from Seattle, Vancouver BC, and the San Juan Islands, Whatcom County houses several charming small towns. Enjoy all the area has to offer:
- Recreational & Outdoor Activities (Hiking, Biking, Skiing, Snow Boarding, Fishing, Sailing, Kayaking, & Camping)
- Excellent Schools (University, Community College, Technical School, & Outstanding K-12 Educational System)
- Small Town or City Living (Unique Shops, Local Festivals, Farmers Markets, Berry Picking, & Community Events)
- Cultural Activities (Theater, Music, Independent Films, Museums,Art Studios, & Diverse Local Restaurants)
If you are passionate about helping everyone have the opportunity to live their healthiest life, please visit our Careers Page to apply at Join Our Team – Unity Care NW or contact Tami Livingston, Provider Recruiter, at email@example.com or 360-752-7407. For news on our organization & future job postings, please follow us on LinkedIn at https://bit.ly/363mfhv!
Unity Care NW has an Employee Health Program for the safety of our patients and staff. The program requires all employees to receive annual flu immunizations. UCNW also requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a vital public health measure that has truly been life-saving. We are proud of the leadership role we have played in protecting our community from this devastating virus. Following CDC and state guidelines, we have granted a very limited number of exemptions for employees who qualify.