Full time- Non-Exempt/Hourly
- $1,500 Sign-on Bonus
- Housing Resources Available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits include: Health; Dental; Vision; Life and Disability Insurance; Employer-Matching 403B; Sick/Personal/Vacation Time; Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
ASL Fluency preferred
TLC Diversity Statement
The Learning Center for the Deaf is on a journey to create an inclusive and welcoming space for people of all backgrounds. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates our TLC community members' diverse narratives. We embrace and value multiple approaches, experiences, and perspectives. TLC believes that diversity fosters innovation. We are committed to cultivating a place where everyone can feel they belong.
About Marie Philip School:
MPS enrolls nearly 200 deaf and hard of hearing students on our Framingham, MA campus in an ASL/English bilingual, bicultural educational model.
About Walden School:
Walden School is a nationally-recognized residential therapeutic and education program for deaf children and youth ages 8 to 22 who have often experienced significant adverse childhood events as well as language deprivation.
The Learning Center for the Deaf is a nationally-recognized leader of services for deaf and hard of hearing children, adults and families. To learn more, click here.
For our Mission, click here.
This position performs planning, implementation, coordination, and supervision of student activities programs at TLC, including our residential and summer programs; prepares program budgets and monitors expenditures; and performs related work as required.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate daily recreational activities such as sports, games, dances, exercise, arts and crafts classes and other special events for program participants and annual events such as the Winter Ball.
- Ability to multi-task by working on several projects; ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Develop and maintain summer programming opportunities for students; including but not limited to Walden School’s annual camping trip and TLC’s summer collaboration with YMCA.
- Develop a Community Service program that provides opportunities for students to give back to the community.
- Assists the Certified Pool Operators (scheduling, Board of Health inspections, and work with certified pool operators).
- Engage students in maintaining an up-to-date calendar of events readily available to all students.
- Must be able to work weekends (e.g. Tuesday-Saturday, Wednesday-Sunday)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Leisure Studies, Recreation, Physical Education, or a related area of study preferred
- Able to work as part of a team
- Conversational fluency in American Sign Language required, with native, or near-native ASL fluency preferred
- Ability to modify activities for different learners and ability levels
- Demonstrated commitment to student health and wellness
- Experience working with students of different age groups and background