Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 350+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
The Warehouse & Distribution Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of these departments, including receiving, storing, and shuttling goods, supporting inventory accuracy, arranging inbound and outbound logistics, fulfilling customer orders, optimizing product flow, and managing teams. The Warehouse & Distribution Manager will work closely with the Supply Chain, Planning, and Assembly teams to meet all daily requirements and with senior leadership to make Whisker the employer of choice in our region.
- Demonstrates through words and actions a commitment to Whisker’s evolving culture and core values (empowered, tenacious, anticipatory, inventive, and understanding)
- Together with senior leadership, develops and implements short and long-term departmental vision, strategies, and objectives
- Directly and through supervisors, manages the activities of team members working on multiple shifts in order to achieve daily departmental goals
- Builds a strong, talented team through active participation in employee selection, training, coaching, and development activities
- Collaborates with management and other stakeholders to develop a facility layout with assigned locations for inventories of all types
- Establishes warehouse processes and procedures to achieve efficient and effective operations, including the disciplined utilization of goods in a first-in, first-out (FIFO) manner
- Develops, tracks, and reports on key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ensures that all orders placed through domestic and international partner channels, internally expedited requests, ecommerce sources, etc. are all fulfilled accurately and on time
- Participates in and conducts forklift training and ensure safe utilization of equipment
- Performs additional responsibilities when required
Directly and through supervisors, manage the activities of departments and team members working on multiple shifts. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Whisker policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, training, and hiring associates, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, addressing issues through coaching and discipline, and upholding safety and quality guidelines.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, distribution, and/or logistics environment that included pick-and-pack and fulfillment enterprises
- Experience shipping and/or receiving domestic and international orders
- Experience operating manufacturing equipment such as sit down and stand up forklifts, pallet riders, and manual and/or electric pallet jacks
- Knowledge of computerized tools such as MS Office, Google Suite, and ERP systems
- Ability to hold others accountable to standards and expectations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced manufacturing and distribution environment
- Discipline to maintain confidentiality of business, proprietary, and personal information
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
- Demonstrate a high degree of initiative, self-motivation, and ability to motivate others
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members and colleagues
Not Required but Nice to Have!
- Experience implementing and effectively utilizing warehouse management systems (WMS)
- Knowledge of best in class warehouse practices
- Experience working with SAP (ERP system)
- Experience working with FedEx, DHL, UPS, USPS, and/or third-party logistics partners
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.