DOGTOPIA OF BOISE - JOB POSTING
Dogtopia, the industry leader and fastest-growing dog daycare, boarding and spa services company has an immediate opening for an energetic, organized, business-minded individual to help our team increase revenue through creative marketing campaigns and events. This person will report directly to the General Manager as our Marketing Intern.
This is a role is designed for someone pursuing a degree in sales and/or marketing, who understands hard work, how to use social media and can execute marketing campaigns that attract new Pet Parents to Dogtopia. This person should love dogs - and, upon successful completion of training, you can even bring YOUR dog to work with you!
This position is designed to be used as a "capstone" project applied to your degree program. Once the internship is complete, this position has potential to grow significantly as we expand locations across the Treasure Valley.
What We Offer: Let’s look at what Dogtopia does for you
• It’s always "bring your dog to work day!"
• Opportunity to put your studies into practical use and build your resume.
• Education in dog behavior, dog obedience, and training, as well as certifications.
• Fun, dynamic team culture with colleagues at more than 200 locations nationally.
• Develop your skills related to sales, marketing and working within a high-performing team.
• This position reports directly to the General Manager and collaborates with the local franchise owner whose focus is to make you and the whole team successful.
What You Offer: Let’s look at what you will bring to Dogtopia
• Initiatives - Projects
o Work with Dogtopia team to establish and maintain our local "guerilla marketing" efforts.
o Must Research, Plan, Coordinate, Execute and Measure Lead Generation events and activities.
o Must achieve agreed upon Lead Generation targets and outcomes within the scheduled timeframe.
• Customer Service & Presentation
o Works with the Dogtopia Support team and vendors to ensure our Pet Parents, Furry Friends and staff have an exceptional experience at Dogtopia of Boise.
o Communicates concerns or needs to General Manager proactively after attempting to resolve issue.
o Answer all questions/concerns/complaints with urgency and care.
• Live by our Dogtopia-isms, the rules by which we operate:
We LOVE life unconditionally like a dog.
We STAY loyal to our pack.
We CHASE the absolute highest standards of safety.
We PLAY to our fullest potential.
We TREAT every day like It’s the Most Exciting Day Ever!
What We Require: Let’s look at what is required for this position
• High School degree or equivalent.
• Knowledge of social media, marketing and selling techniques.
• Proven track record of achieving goals within a high-performance environment.
• Ability to work flexible day and hours, including holidays and weekends as needed.
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
As our Marketing Intern, you are responsible to work with Pet Parents and team members to ensure our customer experience sets the highest standards and satisfaction.
Top 5 Reasons you will LOVE being a Dogtopian
1. Your customers are ALWAYS super happy to see you.
2. You will make money doing something that makes you SMILE every day.
3. Flexible schedules and super supportive colleagues.
4. Advancement opportunities and interesting training.
5. Free day care for you dog.
Please take a moment and watch this short video to learn more about the brand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FONo1u85eY
• Core Competences
o Ability to effectively explain the benefits of Dogtopia services to Pet Parents.o Ability to negotiate mutually beneficial promotions with local companies.o Ability to create campaigns, offers, and events that attract new Pet Parents to come in to Dogtopia for a Meet & Greet tour.
o Must love dogs and their parents.o Sales and Customer service experience, or pursuit of equivalent degree.o Ability to work flexible hours to manage Pet Parents events.o Ability to work cohesively with others in a fun, fast paced environmento Strong marketing skills with a bias toward social media and storytelling.o Able to work within a structure, but to think and act flexibly when needed.
• Personal Characteristics:
o Proactive, results-focused, self-starter who enjoys working Independently.o Multi-tasker, intense, restless, driven to achieve results.o People/relationship focus, emotionally intelligent and enjoys Pet Parents.o Extroverted, warm, enthusiastic with persuasive style.