Director of Engineering
WFH Flexible • Remote Worker - N/A
- Design and implement short and long-term strategic goals for managing and maintaining systems and software.
- Ensure all planned and in-place system architectures are aligned with the specific firm’s goals.
- Design, create, and monitor the implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Develop and execute test plans to check technical performance of infrastructure and report findings then make recommendations for improvement.
- Understand, communicate, and enforce the software architecture strategy.
- Manage, design, develop, and implement software solutions.
- Translate business needs and requirements into technical requirements for software applications.
- Guide the software development process through high-level decision making.
- Define and document application architecture and design.
- Coach and mentor software engineers, programmers, and other team members.
- Create and maintain design and code standards.
- Serve as a technical liaison among project managers, developers, and other stakeholders.
- Create overall project plans and track progress.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with technologies including AWS, Amplify, React
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- A minimum of 3+ years in a supervisory role
- 7+ years of strategic development in an engineering department and system architecture plans
- Experience working at a high-growth, a fast-paced, large-scale technology company
- Proven experience building, growing, retaining, and inspiring a world-class team of technologists
- You are a strategic partner who can translate business problems into technology solutions
- A global mindset is a must – experience delivering solutions that span geographies, languages, and business models
- You champion and drive a culture of continuous learning to improve execution and remove roadblocks that are holding the team back
- Strong coaching and influencing skills with the ability to influence and inspire
- Familiarity with ETL, ML, or analytics technologies such as Tensorflow, Kubeflow, Spark, EMR, or similar platforms and frameworks
- Fluency in the application of open-source technologies and the impact of standardized platforms and build/buy decisions in the area of Data Science, AI, & ML
- Experience with cloud deployments, passionate about automation, scale, performance, and reliability AWS experience preferred
- Demonstrable skills in team leadership and building positive relationships across Product, Architecture, and Engineering, and ability to influence decisions and changes across loosely coupled teams
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, software architecture or related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience leading software development teams.