In partnership with the Vice President of Mission and Engagement, the Community Outreach and Engagement Specialist develops and oversees related strategies for the agency, including county offices, hub affiliates, MENTOR Central Ohio, and Camp Oty’Okwa. This position is responsible for partnering with the AVP of Marketing and Public Relations to develop and execute marketing and social media strategies and outreach and recruitment plans to initiate volunteer enrollment and engagement processes.
The Community Outreach and Engagement Specialist develops and oversees Outreach and Engagement related strategies for the Agency, including county offices, hub affiliates, MENTOR Central Ohio and Camp Oty’Okwa. In partnership with Agency leaders this position is responsible for developing and executing outreach and recruitment strategies and plans to initiative volunteer enrollment and engagement processes.
· Develops, executes, measures, monitors and evaluates agency volunteer recruitment and engagement strategy based on the goals and needs of the organization.
· Prospects and stewards community partnerships that lead to funding, volunteers, in-kind contributions, positive media and community exposure.
· Works closely with Agency leaders to identify and prospect strategic engagement opportunities that promote increased visibility and awareness, including, but not limited to volunteer fairs, booths, community events, etc.
· Works in tandem with Assistant Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations to develop and execute marketing and recruitment strategies, including captivating print and online campaigns for volunteer recruitment and community education and engagement
· Provides community outreach and support in alignment with specialized needs for county offices MENTOR Central Ohio, and Camp Oty’Okwa, that educate the community on the mission of BBBS, our unique value proposition in the youth development space, and the ongoing need for community and volunteer support.
· Coordinates with the Engagement team to prioritize, strategize, and successfully execute recruitment efforts based on specific volunteer needs
· Maintains accurate and up to date records of community relationships in database.
· Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
· Three years’ experience in youth development, communication, marketing, or community relations preferred.
· Must have strong presentation skills.
· Must be willing to work with diverse populations and in diverse areas.
· Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as required.
· Must be flexible to accommodate job responsibilities.
· Must have viable transportation, valid driver license to meet job responsibilities.
· Must have high level of organization.
· Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Experience with CRM software a plus (Salesforce)